I'm Nonbinary! Ask me anything! Watch

WanderStruck
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
(Original post by runawaytrolley)
How old are you, and when did you realise you were non-binary (or around when)?
I'm 16, going on 17. I realised I was nonbinary 3-4 years ago (13 years old). For a long time before that, I was hyper-aware (?) of being called female, and it annoyed tf out of me but i didn't know why!
WanderStruck
Rep:
?
(Original post by the bear)
when you open a new yogurt, do you lick the lid ?

:holmes:
Hmm... here's an option: I don't like yogurt imfussy
the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by WanderStruck)
Hmm... here's an option: I don't like yogurt imfussy
:hand:

:creep:
randomsheep11
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Ok so here's my question. How did you know that what you are is non-binary?

Like, for myself I am a cisgender male, but I am rather feminine, most of my role models that I aspire to be like are women, most characters in books/video games/films that I relate to or are drawn to are female. However, I still am male.

Ok, so let's just assume you were born biologically female right? I'm not trying to be mean here. Is being non-binary just a protection mechanism for people who don't fit the alpha male/female archetypes that we are pressured to follow? Does one think "Well I'm defo not trans, but I don't fit this stereotype enforced on me by society of my biological sex, so clearly I can't be a man or a woman".

For me, I can understand trans people. But how did you know you were something else? Were you uncomfortable identifying with the gender you were assigned at birth because you don't fulfil the stereotypes? I think for me, me identifying as a cisgender male 100% doesn't stop me from being feminine. So what's different in your case?

Hope you get what I mean, and that I'm not trying to test you or convince you that you aren't non-binary btw xx :3
WanderStruck
Rep:
?
(Original post by randomsheep11)
Ok so here's my question. How did you know that what you are is non-binary?

Like, for myself I am a cisgender male, but I am rather feminine, most of my role models that I aspire to be like are women, most characters in books/video games/films that I relate to or are drawn to are female. However, I still am male.

Ok, so let's just assume you were born biologically female right? I'm not trying to be mean here. Is being non-binary just a protection mechanism for people who don't fit the alpha male/female archetypes that we are pressured to follow? Does one think "Well I'm defo not trans, but I don't fit this stereotype enforced on me by society of my biological sex, so clearly I can't be a man or a woman".

For me, I can understand trans people. But how did you know you were something else? Were you uncomfortable identifying with the gender you were assigned at birth because you don't fulfil the stereotypes? I think for me, me identifying as a cisgender male 100% doesn't stop me from being feminine. So what's different in your case?

Hope you get what I mean, and that I'm not trying to test you or convince you that you aren't non-binary btw xx :3
1- I've described this a couple times, so I'll try to keep it short lol - it just clicked. I also have dysphoria, but i'm not male. I don't feel comfortable with my feminine attributes, either. And I get euphoria from being called masculine terms, or neutral terms (although i'm okay with feminine too)

2- For me, I think having gender dysphoria is a big part of identifying as a different gender (of course, idc if you want to identify and don't have it, it's just harder to believe). Gender dysphoria is a mental illness that makes it hard to live in your own body, because you dont see it as yours. I've had many breakdowns over my typically female attributes that I really don't like. And it isn't because they're inconvenient (such as periods) but because it isn't me. It's like you being called a female, and having female genitals your entire life while knowing you're a man if that makes sense?

Thank you for being respectful!! <3
sk3ptic
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
No problem! I see a lot of NB people get pissed over simple questions, when most likely people are just curious or don't understand, so I try to remain neutral!

1- Ah, well, I guess it means the definition? It's my gender, I suppose. I'm not really sure what else to say to that ^^;

2- Well, its hard to describe - it's like with sexual orientation, it just clicks and you know. With my dysphoria, (I'm pre-transition) I feel strongly I am not in the body that I should be in. Its a really frustrating position because so many people see you as someone you aren't, it's hard to describe if you haven't felt it. It's just the way i'm most comfortable identifying as

3 - Fair enough, I have the same view with bathroom use tbh. There should be more gender neutral bathrooms - not just for equality - but so that less people commit crimes in such places under the mask of being 'transgender'. It really gives us a bad name, and it's awful for the victims. I completely agree that people who aren't trans that claim to be so they can get away with things, are disgusting and it's an issue that needs to be sorted out. However I also think actual trans people shouldn't be left out of the equation.

4 - I agree with it, honestly. Whether you're left wing or right wing, it's good to have knowledge of it to prevent homo/transphobic acts of violence in the future, and to educate kids on the fact that its okay to be yourself! There should be a lot more knowledge on, if there is a trans kid in that class, what dysphoria is, safe ways to battle it and things such as that.

5 - I believe that if someone misgenders a trans person on purpose, they're rude. You can't really force someone to change their way of thinking, you just have to suck it up and move on. Accept that they're wrong and just ignore them, I guess - it's the same with anything. You're always going to have someone who will do that to annoy you or to disrespect you.

And I getcha, some of us really push our identities in peoples faces and its annoying even to me lmao. I think we should be who we are, the same as everyone else in the world.
1. Fair enough.

2. Yeah, I suffer with dysphoria myself and have for years, however I don't "identify" with anything. I just am what I am, I guess. I don't think I'll ever understand "identifying" as something, however we all have the freedom to live our lives as we wish, so as long as you're happy with it, then cool

3. I think we agree there. Especially with the recent case of Jessica Yaniv. Re gender neutral bathrooms - I agree with the idea. However, in a lot of places they've made the female toilets gender neutral and kept the male toilets as male - which I disagree with. I think having 3 toilets (male, female, neutral) is the best way forward.

4. I don't think LGBT lessons are necessary. I think just casually mentioning gay relationships is the best way to go - e.g. swap a prince and princess story for one about 2 princes, and don't make it a big deal. However, I disagree with gender stuff being taught, one big reason being that the vast majority of dysphoric children grow out of it. But again, agree to disagree.

5. Fair enough. I think it's slightly rude, however I don't think any speech should be off limits so if someone wants to be rude we should let them (however much I dislike it).

It's honestly really great speaking with you, thank you for taking the time to answer my questions. I make a lot of jokes about LGBT/gender-related stuff, so it's good to actually have a serious conversation about it for once
JoshDarnIt
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Have you ever noticed that snakes are just tails with faces?
JamesManc
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
What do you think caused you to become non-binary?
sk3ptic
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by chlo_bel)
Although you may not have taken offence at my comment, it appears one of the admin have. I received the following warning: "Hi! It’s not okay to make negative comments about someone based on their race, gender, sexuality or any other aspect."

I don't believe I did make a 'negative comment'. But, even if I had, how can one person (or group of people) have monopoly over freedom of speech?

I suspect this post will be removed and another warning given..... Soviet-style censorship
PRSOM.
WanderStruck
Rep:
?
(Original post by sk3ptic)
1. Fair enough.

2. Yeah, I suffer with dysphoria myself and have for years, however I don't "identify" with anything. I just am what I am, I guess. I don't think I'll ever understand "identifying" as something, however we all have the freedom to live our lives as we wish, so as long as you're happy with it, then cool

3. I think we agree there. Especially with the recent case of Jessica Yaniv. Re gender neutral bathrooms - I agree with the idea. However, in a lot of places they've made the female toilets gender neutral and kept the male toilets as male - which I disagree with. I think having 3 toilets (male, female, neutral) is the best way forward.

4. I don't think LGBT lessons are necessary. I think just casually mentioning gay relationships is the best way to go - e.g. swap a prince and princess story for one about 2 princes, and don't make it a big deal. However, I disagree with gender stuff being taught, one big reason being that the vast majority of dysphoric children grow out of it. But again, agree to disagree.

5. Fair enough. I think it's slightly rude, however I don't think any speech should be off limits so if someone wants to be rude we should let them (however much I dislike it).

It's honestly really great speaking with you, thank you for taking the time to answer my questions. I make a lot of jokes about LGBT/gender-related stuff, so it's good to actually have a serious conversation about it for once
2 - thats fair! I respect that :>

3 - they made female toilets gender neutral and kept male the same? Thats defeating the pint isnt it?

4 - I mean in highschool, maybe year 10 ? But I agree with same-sex childrens books, at least being the maximum. I wasn't thinking about gender or sexuality in primary, I just liked girls and boys but didn't know it wasn't straight or whatever, idk - at that age it's important to just play and learn imo

5 - I agree with that, yeah/

No problem! And it was a good conversation, thank you for being respectful!
randomsheep11
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
1- I've described this a couple times, so I'll try to keep it short lol - it just clicked. I also have dysphoria, but i'm not male. I don't feel comfortable with my feminine attributes, either. And I get euphoria from being called masculine terms, or neutral terms (although i'm okay with feminine too)

2- For me, I think having gender dysphoria is a big part of identifying as a different gender (of course, idc if you want to identify and don't have it, it's just harder to believe). Gender dysphoria is a mental illness that makes it hard to live in your own body, because you dont see it as yours. I've had many breakdowns over my typically female attributes that I really don't like. And it isn't because they're inconvenient (such as periods) but because it isn't me. It's like you being called a female, and having female genitals your entire life while knowing you're a man if that makes sense?

Thank you for being respectful!! <3
Thanks for the response I guess I have 2 more queries then I will leave you alone lol

1) So let's set a premise here. Let's say that between male and female, there's a spectrum (like a straight horizontal line). Would you say that being non-binary makes you somewhere in the middle, or on a completely different axis altogether? For example, if along the horizontal line, there were numerous vertical lines that people can fall on, almost on another plane altogether. I don't know if I'm describing this well lol.

2) What do you think about children transitioning? Personally, I think puberty blockers are the better choice so the child has more time to really know what's right for them, instead of actually transitioning. And so (for example in male to female), the adult trans woman won't get like dysphoria from her Adam's apple or veiny "man hands".
WanderStruck
Rep:
?
(Original post by JoshDarnIt)
Have you ever noticed that snakes are just tails with faces?
oh fu-
AngryRedhead
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
What is your opinion of veganism?
WanderStruck
Rep:
?
(Original post by JamesManc)
What do you think caused you to become non-binary?
Nothing caused me, its just who I am!
HumbleBee_x
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by I'mPooPoo)
01001000 01101111 01110111 00100000 01101000 01100001 01110011 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 01110010 00100000 01100100 01100001 01111001 00100000 01100010 01100101 01100101 01101110 00111111
This is what I'm gonna write on the walls of my prison cell
WanderStruck
Rep:
?
(Original post by randomsheep11)
Thanks for the response I guess I have 2 more queries then I will leave you alone lol

1) So let's set a premise here. Let's say that between male and female, there's a spectrum (like a straight horizontal line). Would you say that being non-binary makes you somewhere in the middle, or on a completely different axis altogether? For example, if along the horizontal line, there were numerous vertical lines that people can fall on, almost on another plane altogether. I don't know if I'm describing this well lol.

2) What do you think about children transitioning? Personally, I think puberty blockers are the better choice so the child has more time to really know what's right for them, instead of actually transitioning. And so (for example in male to female), the adult trans woman won't get like dysphoria from her Adam's apple or veiny "man hands".
1- I'd say somewhere in the middle, honestly. It is a different gender, same as male and female can be on the same line yet be different genders - and I know some people who use nonbinary as being both male AND female, as opposed to neither! so yeah I think so!

2- Puberty blockers are a yes, I WISH I knew they existed back then. Physically transitioning? N o. I fully disagree. My mindset has changed so much in one year, let alone a whole childhood! They may make a choice they'll regret. Socially transitioning? Yes. It should be accepted for children to come out as their preferred gender in school, they're doing no harm to anyone and they can be themselves! Changing a name is reversible, as with pronouns.
WanderStruck
Rep:
?
(Original post by HumbleBee_x)
This is what I'm gonna write on the walls of my prison cell
It looks tough, but it means something ...not tough. You're a genius. Fully agree.
HumbleBee_x
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
It looks tough, but it means something ...not tough. You're a genius. Fully agree.
u gonna get me arrested?
WanderStruck
Rep:
?
(Original post by AngryRedhead)
What is your opinion of veganism?
It's not for me, and I think there are some... questionable vegans that have tainted what veganism is lol, but I respect the movement for the environment! Or preference << *

But please dont make your dogs or cats go vegan people-
WanderStruck
Rep:
?
(Original post by HumbleBee_x)
u gonna get me arrested?
sure i'll help u out if thats what you want
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (16)
17.2%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (13)
13.98%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (23)
24.73%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (34)
36.56%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (1)
1.08%
No particular grades needed (6)
6.45%