Struggling a lot. Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Hi annonymous or deletion please.
Recently i have been feeling more and more depressed. I lose so much sleep and turn up to work late sometimes because i just freeze and can't move.
I was at work yesterday and because i have to interact with customers i put on a smile and pretend to be happy that way the staff don't notice and i don't get customer complaints.
But when i went on my break i ended up crying and was horrified when another member of staff came out to bring me my drink. I locked myself away for the rest of my break.
I guess i don't want people i work with thinking i'm weak.
I don't know why i'm getting like this. I think though i'm still trying to cope and survive after being attacked nearly two years ago. could anyone tell me why now i've become like this?
MSB
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
after being attacked nearly two years ago
There's the problem. What happened, if you don't mind me asking, and, more importantly, have you spoken to others about this?
Anonymous #1
my bf knows but i can't tell my parents because i know there reaction
MSB
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Clearly it's what's causing you to struggle. I strongly advise you talk to them, or a professional, about it.
Danny the Geezer
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Maybe you need some counselling?
Anonymous #1
I was raped. and fell pregnant
River85
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
It's a cliche, perhaps, but if you were attacked a couple of years ago this may well have an effect on your mental well being. Have you tried counselling?

You didn't say whether the assault was physical or sexual. Either way, I'm sure it was stressful and traumatic. I was the victim of a physical assault a few years back and fell into a depression and this sort of denial. It really didn't help things. It almost destroyed my late teens and eary twenties. I took far too long to push for the adequate support, don'tmake the same mistake.

Please just try and get involved with someone, either counselling or victim support (I don't think it should really matter to them that this took place two years ago).

Oh, and you aren't weak

Edit - Oh, right. So it was sexual.

I take it you didn't report this? It really may be worth seeing your GP or still trying to get in touch with victim support. Also, I don't know you parents but whatever you think their reaction may be I'm sure they'll be more understanding than you think. You're their daughter after all. They'd probably be quite horrified that you're keeping this from them.
supernova2
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Definitely see a counselor of some sort. You could probably do it free and not tell your parents as well.
Danny the Geezer
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
That's terrible, hope you're OK eventually. Did they get caught?
Anonymous #1
I had counselling as a kid and i hated it i felt like i ha gotten no where because my mum was always there in the room and i couldn't really talk about things because people could hear it
Anonymous #1
If i went to the doctors what do i say because right now i'm completely lost with everything. and how do i go about getting counselling. Does t cost?
uthred50
Badges: 16
Report 11 years ago
In which case, ask for confidentiality when you go this time so it's just you and the councellor It's far easier to talk to strangers about this sort of thing than people you know, which is perhaps why you came here; hope we can be of help

Mental recovery from this sort of ordeal is a process that can be by no means short, but it can be overcome and you will claim your life back, don't worry.

You certainly are not weak, it's more than acceptable to still be getting upset about this, but i can understand your concerns about people finding out at work.
So yes i would recommend you see a councellor again, and wish you the best of luck; hope things turn out ok.

Regards, uth =]

EDIT: in response to your next post, you may want to check this out: here or the nhs mental health site here
There is free councelling available, yes, use that site to find where you're nearsest one is.
uth =]
Plato123
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I had counselling as a kid and i hated it i felt like i ha gotten no where because my mum was always there in the room and i couldn't really talk about things because people could hear it
Now that you are older, I'm sure you can attend councelling session by yourself/ with your boyfriend.
Thud
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
If i went to the doctors what do i say because right now i'm completely lost with everything. and how do i go about getting counselling. Does t cost?
You can get counselling for free on the NHS, there probably will be a waiting list however.

If you're over 16 you can go to the sessions alone and your mother doesn't need to know anything.
omni1
Badges: 0
Report 11 years ago
don't get advice here. go to a professional. nearly no one in this forum would know what your feeling, you need to speak with other victims, the support group type thing.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by uthred50)
In which case, ask for confidentiality when you go this time so it's just you and the councellor It's far easier to talk to strangers about this sort of thing than people you know, which is perhaps why you came here; hope we can be of help

Mental recovery from this sort of ordeal is a process that can be by no means short, but it can be overcome and you will claim your life back, don't worry.

You certainly are not weak, it's more than acceptable to still be getting upset about this, but i can understand your concerns about people finding out at work.
So yes i would recommend you see a councellor again, and wish you the best of luck; hope things turn out ok.

Regards, uth =]

EDIT: in response to your next post, you may want to check this out: here or the nhs mental health site here
There is free councelling available, yes, use that site to find where you're nearsest one is.
uth =]
Thank you
Nayberay
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by omni1)
don't get advice here. go to a professional. nearly no one in this forum would know what your feeling, you need to speak with other victims, the support group type thing.
She's looking for temporary support until she can get some help.Don't be so unsensitive.
Anonymous #1
I'm going to go to a counsellor on wednesday and try and get myself some help but i guess that means i am goig to have to tell my boss now really which is going to be a strugglle once again for me
Thank you every one for your help
squid
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Can you not tell your boss you're feeling ill, or you've got to go to the doctors for a check up? If they asks for a note from the doctor you might be in trouble, but surely explaining the situation to them can't be that bad?
Anonymous #1
thing is i'm off on wednesday so i won't be explaining to hime then but i guess i'm going to havee to eventually because at least he knows the situation. I just don't know how to tell him.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (26)
7.22%
They might tell the bully (34)
9.44%
I don't think they'd understand (55)
15.28%
It might lead to more bullying (139)
38.61%
There's nothing they could do (106)
29.44%

Watched Threads