University accommodation help Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
how much student finance will you get to pay for travel, food, laundry? i need to spend at least £50 on food every week
captainamerica77
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
how much student finance will you get to pay for travel, food, laundry? i need to spend at least £50 on food every week
on average £509 a month
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Anonymous #1
(Original post by captainamerica77)
on average £509 a month
that’s not including the accommodation cost is it?
Anonymous #1
bump
eilish1903
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
depends on your parents income. My boyfriend didn't even get enough to cover his rent because both his parents are on high income jobs, whereas I on the other hand, get the maximum amount of Student finance because I'm an independent student (dad's dead and no contact with mum), so my student finance completely covered my rent and leaves me with about £30 a week for food, which if you're smart is more than enough. I do a £40 shop every other week and it's more than enough for me.
Last edited by eilish1903; 4 days ago
Anonymous #1
(Original post by eilish1903)
depends on your parents income. My boyfriend didn't even get enough to cover his rent because both his parents are on high income jobs, whereas I on the other hand, get the maximum amount of Student finance because I'm an independent student (dad's dead and no contact with mum), so my student finance completely covered my rent and leaves me with about £30 a week for food, which if you're smart is more than enough. I do a £40 shop every other week and it's more than enough for me.
What about laundry, travel? all together how much do you get?
eilish1903
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
What about laundry, travel? all together how much do you get?
student finance is awarded based on your parents income, so each person's loan is different. I'm studying outside of London, where the maximum student finance funding is £9730 for the year. My rent is £6636,23 for the year. This leaves me with a little over 3000 from student finance to cover food, travel, laundry and any other expenses like stationary and books. It isn't easy but you have to either make do or get a part time job.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you going to self-release into Clearing?

Yes I've pressed the button (86)
17.84%
No I'm happy with my uni offer (310)
64.32%
Not yet but I am planning to (23)
4.77%
Not yet but I might (63)
13.07%

Watched Threads