Student loans dilemma Watch

a0f83w
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
Hi,

As an Eu migrant worker, I have applied for student loan and maintenance allowance.

I applied for both not based on household income as i am a mature student, single and independent (deceased parents, no partner).

I will be studying as a full-time nurse (hopefully).

I am hoping to get the full amount to help me specially with rent, food, transportation, school expenses.

If I don't get the full amount, I am afraid I am going to cancel my applications (both uni and loans) as I don't think I am going to survive with less than the full amount. I will only be able to manage working about 10 hours a week, so that's not a big help either.

What shall I do? I don't know any other way to fund my studies. My biggest hope is for my loans (full amount) to be approved or I won't be able to study at all

tia
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Last edited by a0f83w; 5 days ago
Erin SFE
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by a0f83w)
Hi,

As an Eu migrant worker, I have applied for student loan and maintenance allowance.

I applied for both not based on household income as i am a mature student, single and independent (deceased parents, no partner).

I will be studying as a full-time nurse (hopefully).

I am hoping to get the full amount to help me specially with rent, food, transportation, school expenses.

If I don't get the full amount, I am afraid I am going to cancel my applications (both uni and loans) as I don't think I am going to survive with less than the full amount. I will only be able to manage working about 10 hours a week, so that's not a big help either.

What shall I do? I don't know any other way to fund my studies. My biggest hope is for my loans (full amount) to be approved or I won't be able to study at all

tia
Hi Tia,

When did you submit your application? Applications at the moment are taking around 6-8 weeks to process at the moment. Make sure you have sent all the relevant evidence to ensure we process this for you.

Thanks, Erin
a0f83w
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
(Original post by Erin SFE)
Hi Tia,

When did you submit your application? Applications at the moment are taking around 6-8 weeks to process at the moment. Make sure you have sent all the relevant evidence to ensure we process this for you.

Thanks, Erin
About 3 weeks ago. But my question is, some people don't get the maximum amount, that's what i am afraid of. Thanks Erin for your response.👍
Erin SFE
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
About 3 weeks ago. But my question is, some people don't get the maximum amount, that's what i am afraid of. Thanks Erin for your response.👍
Hi there,

If you are an independent student and have indicated this on your application and evidence is provided if you are under 25 then there is no reason why you wouldn't get the maximum, again we can't confirm this until our assessment team have reviewed this.

Thanks, Erin
a0f83w
Rep:
?
Hi there,

If you are an independent student and have indicated this on your application and evidence is provided if you are under 25 then there is no reason why you wouldn't get the maximum, again we can't confirm this until our assessment team have reviewed this.

Thanks, Erin
I am over 25 and independent, no partner, no parents (deceased). I filled up section 2-6 and the declaration on p.25-26.

I skipped section 7-8 as i don't want student finance based on household income.

But to prove that you're independent, there's a page on Section 7 about this.

And i did not fill this up because i asked in this forum before and someone fron SFE told me that it's only necessary to fill up if you have a partner, parents, agent.

What do i do now? How can i clarify this? Is there any number i can call so they can have a look at my case?

Thanks in advance
Last edited by a0f83w; 4 days ago
Erin SFE
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
I am over 25 and independent, no partner, no parents (deceased). I filled up section 2-6 and the declaration on p.25-26.

I skipped section 7-8 as i don't want student finance based on household income.

But to prove that you're independent, there's a page on Section 7 about this.

And i did not fill this up because i asked in this forum before and someone fron SFE told me that it's only necessary to fill up if you have a partner, parents, agent.

What do i do now? How can i clarify this? Is there any number i can call so they can have a look at my case?

Thanks in advance
Hi there,

If you are over 25 then you will automatically be assessed as a independent student, you don't need to complete the section with regards to parents, partners etc.

Thanks, Erin
a0f83w
Rep:
?
Hi there,

If you are over 25 then you will automatically be assessed as a independent student, you don't need to complete the section with regards to parents, partners etc.

Thanks, Erin
Ok! Thank you now i can breathe properly😩😂. Thanks once again for clarification Ms Erin👍
Erin SFE
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Ok! Thank you now i can breathe properly😩😂. Thanks once again for clarification Ms Erin👍
Your welcome, if you need anything further just let us know

Thanks, Erin
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Clearing open day Undergraduate
    Tue, 20 Aug '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Aug '19
  • University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19

Are you going to self-release into Clearing?

Yes I've pressed the button (97)
18.83%
No I'm happy with my uni offer (328)
63.69%
Not yet but I am planning to (24)
4.66%
Not yet but I might (66)
12.82%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise