Is it normal to be a virgin at age 20? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
Ah. I feel embarrassed because...

Today I met up with sixth form friends and whenever they ask me about uni because I moved out far from home I get comments such as

“How high is your body count”
“You must be getting lots of action”.

Truth is that I am a virgin. Today I accidentally blurted out that I didn’t get any action last year because their question was direct. I felt pretty embarrassed.

I am not religious or waiting for marriage. It’s just that I don’t enjoy clubbing and last year in university I had bigger issues such as a literal eating disorder and constantly feeling worthless. Also like I said clubbing just doesn’t work for me and tbh I wouldn’t want to pull under the influence of alcohol anyway.

Any tips for next year?
cloud_9_
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
how did your friends react when u said you're a virgin
ltsmith
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
is it normal to be an LNER at 20?
ecolier
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Normal or abnormal would be the wrong word to describe things.

It's not right or wrong - one should not be stereotyped about when they have lost their virginity.

People have different circumstances and it is not something to be ashmed of.

Look for someone you like and someone who likes you, and only give your virginity to someone who deserves it.

Good luck!
Anonymous #1
(Original post by cloud_9_)
how did your friends react when u said you're a virgin
I don’t know I just felt an aura of disappointment/surprise? The topic didn’t continue I’m probs just overthinking lol.

my other friends asked me if my body count is double digits and I usually give vague answers to those type of questions
Aayush :)
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
I don’t know I just felt an aura of disappointment/surprise? The topic didn’t continue I’m probs just overthinking lol.

my other friends asked me if my body count is double digits and I usually give vague answers to those type of questions
Honestly body count means nothing if you don't have good relationships with those people.
JamesManc
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
I don't find slutty-ness an admirable trait - so well done.
Anonymous #2
Report 3 days ago
I am a virgin too but it's harder being gay.
Anonymous #3
Report 3 days ago
Ah. I feel embarrassed because...

Today I met up with sixth form friends and whenever they ask me about uni because I moved out far from home I get comments such as

“How high is your body count”
“You must be getting lots of action”.

Truth is that I am a virgin. Today I accidentally blurted out that I didn’t get any action last year because their question was direct. I felt pretty embarrassed.

I am not religious or waiting for marriage. It’s just that I don’t enjoy clubbing and last year in university I had bigger issues such as a literal eating disorder and constantly feeling worthless. Also like I said clubbing just doesn’t work for me and tbh I wouldn’t want to pull under the influence of alcohol anyway.

Any tips for next year?
Are you a girl or boy, just curious?

Most of my friends have just finished 1st year and most are still virgins (but that's just the area i'm from, I went to a girls' school to).

Nothing to be ashamed of.
Anonymous #1
Are you a girl or boy, just curious?

Most of my friends have just finished 1st year and most are still virgins (but that's just the area i'm from, I went to a girls' school to).

Nothing to be ashamed of.
I’m a guy
Anonymous #3
Report 3 days ago
I’m a guy
it's not bad. Especially as it was your choice. Doesn't sound like you were trying really hard and still nobody wanted to. Would be a bit more embarrassing if they thought you were super desperate to do it imo. I'm 19 and still a virgin. If my close friends ask me I tell them the truth, cos loads of them are virgins too. Once somebody at work asked me so I told them i had slept with 1 person as they don't know that i've never had a boyfriend so I lied and said I had 1 boyfriend a couple of years ago. I'd personally prefer if my first boyfriend wasn't super sexually experienced as it's a bit embarrassing if I tell him I'm a virgin but he's had sex with like 50 people.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

Are you going to self-release into Clearing?

Yes I've pressed the button (69)
17.56%
No I'm happy with my uni offer (247)
62.85%
Not yet but I am planning to (20)
5.09%
Not yet but I might (57)
14.5%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise