My best friend and I have a crush on the same guy Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
I don't even know how to start this. Love and affection is something I really struggle to show without me feeling like I over stepped or feel really awkward (even when it comes to showing love to my family). And now I find out that my best friend has a huge crush (borderline obsession) on the guy I have I've only just come to terms with liking. (I've known him for years longer than she has) it's really hard for me because she is really open about liking him and I see them literally every day while she attempts to flirt with him; and if she wants something she gets it, you don't what to get In-between. It's been really degrading on me because I know I can't even get close enough to him(even though we're friends-ish) because she would start getting into a hissy fit and I'm just really awkward and just hide it by pretending not to care or show any emotions. It's really affecting me, more than I'd like. I have trust issues so it makes it hard for me to get close to anyone all ready. All I want is someone to hold my hand that isn't apart of my family
SlightlySummer
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Wow, that's a sticky situation
Does your best friend know you 'like like' him?
Rainsmith
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
How serious is it, like how old are u?
Sounds horrible, 🤞 it works out for u
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Anonymous #1
(Original post by SlightlySummer)
Wow, that's a sticky situation
Does your best friend know you 'like like' him?
No she doesn't and I fear that if I tell her she'll get mad, she can be very selfish, and we won't friends 😞
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Rainsmith)
How serious is it, like how old are u?
Sounds horrible, 🤞 it works out for u
Just turned 13 so I'm turning into a dramatic, depressed teenage 😒
Anonymous #2
Report 3 days ago
This could be a test for whether she really is your so called “best” friend as it seems you like him in a more serious way and genuine way. I’d suggest maybe dropping hints at first if you don’t feel comfortable suddenly saying you like him as she probably has absolutely no idea so wouldn’t know she’s rubbing it in your face. And even if all else fails and they get together, you’re very young and I’m sorry to say but it most likely won’t be very serious/ last long plus he may not be interested in dating right now ? But I totally get where you’re coming from as I’m similar (keep quiet and then the loud people get their way) so I feel your frustration! good luck with it!
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

Are you going to self-release into Clearing?

Yes I've pressed the button (65)
17.66%
No I'm happy with my uni offer (232)
63.04%
Not yet but I am planning to (19)
5.16%
Not yet but I might (52)
14.13%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise