My boss is blaming me for his mistakes Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
So I work at my work place we had we deal with claims and 1 claim was half way through the process and a 2nd claim had come in linked to the first claim. So what I did was I wrote on the computer program this had 2 claims which everybody can see and I wrote it on the paper work and said it to multiple times to the boss and the person who had to process it next.

A few days I was doing my checks on the jobs and noticed this 2nd claim had been missed. I looked for the paper work and the boss asked what I was doing and I explained this 2nd claim had been missed and in one of the most degrading ways he said to my line manager. Get your staff in check, they do half a job. just dump the paper work and don’t say nothing and expect it all to be done; when I actually had done this correctly. The guy who was next in the process had done his job with the 2nd claim but the boss hadn’t.

These sort of situation happen extremely often when something which is not my fault and often the bosses fault or the fault of other manager comes back on me. I hate being spoken to in such a degrading way and it puts me in a crap mood for the whole day.

Should I say something next time or just keep bitting my tongue?
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
So I work at my work place we had we deal with claims and 1 claim was half way through the process and a 2nd claim had come in linked to the first claim. So what I did was I wrote on the computer program this had 2 claims which everybody can see and I wrote it on the paper work and said it to multiple times to the boss and the person who had to process it next.

A few days I was doing my checks on the jobs and noticed this 2nd claim had been missed. I looked for the paper work and the boss asked what I was doing and I explained this 2nd claim had been missed and in one of the most degrading ways he said to my line manager. Get your staff in check, they do half a job. just dump the paper work and don’t say nothing and expect it all to be done; when I actually had done this correctly. The guy who was next in the process had done his job with the 2nd claim but the boss hadn’t.

These sort of situation happen extremely often when something which is not my fault and often the bosses fault or the fault of other manager comes back on me. I hate being spoken to in such a degrading way and it puts me in a crap mood for the whole day.

Sorry I forgot to add, it put me in a bad mood because I get yelled at frequently too.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 days ago

Bump?
Anonymous #2
Report 2 days ago

Sorry I forgot to add, it put me in a bad mood because I get yelled at frequently too.
I think i might know who you are but in anycase, keep an evidence log and potentially speak to whomever is higher up (not your boss) about ti if it is a recurring theme. try and ask your colleagues if theyre willing to step forward but beware office politics as some people will use it in a way that adversely affects your job
Amon-ster
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
Report him to his manager preferably with evidence so they can investigate. Don't approach him directly, doubt it'll end well.
Anonymous #3
Report 2 days ago
Similar phenomenon happened to me as well. It made the work environment really toxic and I had to quit, despite of trying to talk it out with the manager.
Anonymous #3
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by Amon-ster)
Report him to his manager preferably with evidence so they can investigate. Don't approach him directly, doubt it'll end well.
It really depends on the organisational structure and culture. For me, it was a relatively small company and I've tried to discuss this gently with my immediate manager first and he admitted to being to harsh but repeated his behaviour again and again. Then I've finally submitted an official report and this was the end of my employment.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 days ago
(Original post by Amon-ster)
It’s a small - mid business and he’s the overall manager. So i’m going just to quit
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

Are you going to self-release into Clearing?

Yes I've pressed the button (67)
17.4%
No I'm happy with my uni offer (243)
63.12%
Not yet but I am planning to (20)
5.19%
Not yet but I might (55)
14.29%

Watched Threads