The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
u can take it in novmber i thnk. ive heard dey do resits in novembr. talk to ur exam officer or ur board. is it AS or Alevel?
Reply 2
casablanca
u can take it in novmber i thnk. ive heard dey do resits in novembr. talk to ur exam officer or ur board. is it AS or Alevel?

It's A-level. That's still after I was planning to apply to uni. Arrrrgh.
Reply 3
Are you year 12 or 13 currently ?
oh you poor thing, so have you applied for uni yet or no?
casablanca

They certainly do that in Edexcel maths, but I don't know about any other exam boards who do the exams in November. So yeah, I agree that you should contact your exam board, but, to be honest, I don't think they'd still let you do the exam unless it's a retake.

Which exam was it, and which board? Was it AS or A2? Because if it's AS, you wouldn't lose a whole year for retaking it like you would if it was A2.

If it was A2, I just pray for you that the exam board will let you do the exam, and if not, that your grades so far will affect the total percentage more than that exam, and IF NOT, that the university will take you into consideration since it was a mistake.
Reply 6
Congratulations on such a magnificent mistake. I think everyone's panicked about it, but that's normally enough to prevent it. I suppose you'd better get on the telephone to your exam officer. Perhaps they will make an exception, I don't know. The same for your Uni, if you're applying for 2008 entry.
Reply 7
Dude ring your school quickly! I did exactly the same thing at GCSE and rang them up and as long as you can confirm youhavn't spoken to anyone at your school about the exam they might be able to let you take it still

Its worth a shot
i thought they stopped doin november resits

casablanca
Reply 9
When filling out your UCAS form, you can put the result for the module in question down as "Pending"... rather than have it show up as a U or whatever. You'll still have three A-levels completed though, right?
Reply 10
Ali_
When filling out your UCAS form, you can put the result for the module in question down as "Pending"... rather than have it show up as a U or whatever. You'll still have three A-levels completed though, right?

You can't anymore :sad: this year 13 were the last to be able to do that.
Reply 11
Dragonfly07
They certainly do that in Edexcel maths, but I don't know about any other exam boards who do the exams in November. So yeah, I agree that you should contact your exam board, but, to be honest, I don't think they'd still let you do the exam unless it's a retake.

Which exam was it, and which board? Was it AS or A2? Because if it's AS, you wouldn't lose a whole year for retaking it like you would if it was A2.

If it was A2, I just pray for you that the exam board will let you do the exam, and if not, that your grades so far will affect the total percentage more than that exam, and IF NOT, that the university will take you into consideration since it was a mistake.

It was an A2 exam, but I haven't applied to uni yet. It was Unit 4 of Edexcel Religious Studies. I think my parents are taking me to college now and seeing if I can just do the exam this afternoon or something. :rolleyes: See if the horse talks.
Liberties
It was an A2 exam, but I haven't applied to uni yet. It was Unit 4 of Edexcel Religious Studies. I think my parents are taking me to college now and seeing if I can just do the exam this afternoon or something. :rolleyes: See if the horse talks.

Good luck. But if you haven't applied to uni yet... :confused:

Hasn't the UCAS deadline for application passed already?

Unless you're taking a gap year...
Reply 13
Good luck OP!
Eeek I almost did this the other week.
They told me you need to get there within an hour of the exam start time to do it.. so I'm unsure if they'll still let you =/ sorry..
Just ring your school/college in case, though. It's worth a try!

Good luck!
The reason that I'm so unsure is that.. well, I was late for my maths GCSE exam in a bit more than 30 minutes(!) and they refused to give me any extra time. I have no idea how I managed to get an A in the end, but if she missed an exam completely...
Reply 16
That would really piss me off!

I hope you get it sorted. Good luck! :smile:
Bless you, OP! Hope it gets sorted!
Is it just my school that rings you and finds out where you are?!
Reply 19
Your school really should have contacted you if you weren't there when the exam started. One my teachers drove to my friends house to pick her up cos she thought her exam was in the afternoon. :rolleyes:

Latest