Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Pinball_heart)
Is it just my school that rings you and finds out where you are?!
no
princess_sue
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Hope you manage to sit it OP! i think its everyones worse nightmare so hope it works out for you.
Wildstarchild
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Liberties)
It was an A2 exam, but I haven't applied to uni yet. It was Unit 4 of Edexcel Religious Studies. I think my parents are taking me to college now and seeing if I can just do the exam this afternoon or something. :rolleyes: See if the horse talks.
Sorry to inform you hun, but they're not gonna let you take it now. I did this exam this morning and three of our group had clashing timetables so they've been put in seclusion and their not allowed their phones or internet or to talk to anyone. I very much doubt they're gonna make an exception just for you. You may still be able to come out with a good grade though, as long as you did well last year and in the developments exam! xD
London271
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
No, Mine does that too
Liberties
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
(Original post by ps7)
a boy at my school last year missed his morning exam as he thought it was in the afternoon
but the exams officer let him sit it in the afternoon as he hadnt spoken to anyone

why dont you ask? its worth a shot
This is what happened! My parent and teacher now have to write letters confirming that they were with me the whole morning (to make sure I didn't talk to anyone who took the exam before me). Was very lucky to have a sympathetic teacher to go and persuade the exams office people.

Yeah, I really wish my college had done this.

I feel rather shaken up now.
tvqueen1905
Report 11 years ago
This is what happened! My parent and teacher now have to write letters confirming that they were with me the whole morning (to make sure I didn't talk to anyone who took the exam before me). Was very lucky to have a sympathetic teacher to go and persuade the exams office people.

thats good news
Sick Puppy
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
no mine do that too!
before exam season they asked for our home phone numbers, mobile numbers and parents' work / mobile numbers so that they could get in contact with us if we forget!
plagaan
Report 11 years ago
Me think you buggered.

Just my opinion though, but I can't see any exceptions made. Anyone who hasn't revised can not turn up to the exam and say it was an accident.

Good luck, but in my experience of getting exam boards to change policy to accomodate my unfortunate circumstance, the answer is "tough luck, I hope the universities understand"
qgujxj39
Badges: 15
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by plagaan)
Me think you buggered.

Just my opinion though, but I can't see any exceptions made. Anyone who hasn't revised can not turn up to the exam and say it was an accident.

Good luck, but in my experience of getting exam boards to change policy to accomodate my unfortunate circumstance, the answer is "tough luck, I hope the universities understand"
Have you actually read the thread? She was allowed to take it in the end.
plagaan
Report 11 years ago
Just read it. That's great. In my case it was about extending a coursework deadline. They said no, and it very nearly made me miss my offer. I suppose it depends on the board then.
Reltub
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
i pressed "off" on my alarm clock today insted of "snooze" i realised literally one second before i was about to fall asleep again! i wud have missed my french exam otherwise
CloudStrife
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Very bad luck - were you able to take the exam today? Anyone could make the same mistake
DancinBallerina
Badges: 20
Report 11 years ago
I have done this before when I was at school.

I just explained to my teacher and she put me in for the resit in the summer.

Hope you get it sorted, OP.
Liberties
Rep:
?
Thanks to everyone who advised/wished me luck. :tsr2: I am unbelievably stupid.
Absinth
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I take it you went in the end?
Chronos
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Good to hear that you sorted it out.

Last year (AS, Computing Unit 3) I had a rather interesting morning exam. Alarm was set the night before as always, but I must have slid the option to 'radio' rather than 'seriously loud and annoying buzzer'. So I woke up to see the time was 5 past 9, with my exam starting at 9:15.

I had to run to get dressed, grab a pen, and run out of the house as fast as I could; living about 25 minutes from college. I realised after about 10 minutes of running that I'd be late, and with my lungs about to collapse (I had woken up like 11 minutes ago!), I decided to take more drastic action.

So after considering the dangers of the idea, I ran into the middle of the road and put my hand up to the approaching car - which luckily stopped. I explained the situation, and the very nice driver gave me a ride. I then spent the next 5 minutes in a mix of apologies, giving thanks, and trying to get my breath. Got there 3 minutes late in the end. And got 85/90!

Was very lucky really, considering the driver could have either told me just "**** off", or alternatively tried to kidnap me or some such!
rushhour72
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago

OMG exam boards, act like missin an exam is like murder. Needing an alibi everythin. I dont think u can resit till Jan 09. All the best
x
Lauryloo
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Chronos)

So after considering the dangers of the idea, I ran into the middle of the road and put my hand up to the approaching car - which luckily stopped. I explained the situation, and the very nice driver gave me a ride. I then spent the next 5 minutes in a mix of apologies, giving thanks, and trying to get my breath. Got there 3 minutes late in the end. And got 85/90!

Haha nice going! I would have never of thought of that, something to keep in mind for the future though!
Liberties
Rep:
?
(Original post by Chronos)

Last year (AS, Computing Unit 3) I had a rather interesting morning exam. Alarm was set the night before as always, but I must have slid the option to 'radio' rather than 'seriously loud and annoying buzzer'. So I woke up to see the time was 5 past 9, with my exam starting at 9:15.

I had to run to get dressed, grab a pen, and run out of the house as fast as I could; living about 25 minutes from college. I realised after about 10 minutes of running that I'd be late, and with my lungs about to collapse (I had woken up like 11 minutes ago!), I decided to take more drastic action.

Was very lucky really, considering the driver could have either told me just "**** off", or alternatively tried to kidnap me or some such!
Hah, that is AWESOME. Good on you for running into the road! This is the stuff of action movies. :p:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Surrey
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (57)
24.26%
No (178)
75.74%

Watched Threads