*HELP* Panic About my Offer Watch

RSlater99
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
So I have firmed Lincoln as the place I want to go, I received a conditional offer of 104 points, with a stipulation of at least 40 points from biology or chemistry. The only problem is, I think I will get over 104 points, but I’m not sure if I will get a B in biology or chemistry. If I get 120 points for example but only a C in biology and chemistry, do you think they would still accept my application? Or is the offer made redundant at that point.
I’m stressing out about this and I’m not sure what to do, please help.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by RSlater99)
So I have firmed Lincoln as the place I want to go, I received a conditional offer of 104 points, with a stipulation of at least 40 points from biology or chemistry. The only problem is, I think I will get over 104 points, but I’m not sure if I will get a B in biology or chemistry. If I get 120 points for example but only a C in biology and chemistry, do you think they would still accept my application? Or is the offer made redundant at that point.
You will not have made the offer. but unis lower down the food scale are less competitive. It depends on factors concerning how many others made their offer, but in your scenario I would rate your chance as decent for them taking you. Wait and see though. they already have your results, so the decision is most likely already made.
Scotney
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Best to wait and see now.No good stressing and you may well get the grade after all.
RSlater99
Rep:
?
Edit: I forgot to mention I already have 56 points from a sub dip in business I finished last year, I’m hoping this will help my chances.
Also, thank you for your helpful replies!
University of Lincoln
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi RSlater99,

Please do not worry about this too much!

What we would advise is that you contact our Admissions Team as soon as you can as they will be able to discuss the process with you and any next steps. You can contact them by calling: 01522 886097.

I hope this helps - please do reach out if you need anything!

Natasha
RSlater99
Rep:
?
Update: I GOT IN! Thank you everyone for your help, and Lincoln, I’ll see you on the 16th September!!
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Update: I GOT IN! Thank you everyone for your help, and Lincoln, I’ll see you on the 16th September!!
Congratulations.
Scotney
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Congratulations I hope you are out celebrating!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (214)
12.52%
Excited (156)
9.13%
Worried (306)
17.91%
Terrified (380)
22.24%
Meh (168)
9.83%
Confused (37)
2.17%