GCSES Watch

usaifuddin
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
I am hoping to do medicine at university but I have one question, do universities actually care about GCSE grades or is it only the university prediction exams and a-levels that matter?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Laycity
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by usaifuddin)
I am hoping to do medicine at university but I have one question, do universities actually care about GCSE grades or is it only the university prediction exams and a-levels that matter?
Some unis use them quite heavily in their application process whilst some are not particularly interested in them. Most require minimum a minimum number of A's and maths and English at grade 6.
meowmari
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by usaifuddin)
I believe it depends on the degree/course. For example, some universities state on their course specifications they want this grade at this subject in GCSE. Most universities ask for a minimum of 5 A*-C GCSE's (9-4 in the new grading system). I think it's important to consider both GCSE and A-level grades, because they're both going to be included in your UCAS application, and they actually do care about your grades regardless since they show the universities how academically capable you can be in exams.

I hope this helped and best of luck with your pursuit in achieving a career in medicine!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Clearing open day Undergraduate
    Tue, 20 Aug '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Aug '19
  • University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19

Are you going to self-release into Clearing?

Yes I've pressed the button (86)
17.84%
No I'm happy with my uni offer (310)
64.32%
Not yet but I am planning to (23)
4.77%
Not yet but I might (63)
13.07%

Watched Threads