Is £414 an average price for three pens? Watch

AngryRedhead
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Honey Marigold)
So that academics and really rich persons can see who has the biggest pen, or the most expensive? The winner is of course the coolest within the social group
I don’t know; wouldn’t it make much more sense to judge wealth by car model and make? Chances are if you’ve got an expensive pen but no car you’re not going to be all that wealthy in any case
Ryanthom100
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
I recently bought this pen as it uses special ink and looks beautiful on paper, i would highly recommend you buy it, it also comes with 2 years warranty. The ink only costs £13 to replace as well! (2 pack).

https://www.penshop.co.uk/montblanc/...MaAsfJEALw_wcB

I can also find you a notebook i use made from leather and the pages are white cotton.

Here is the pen pouch i use as well by the way
https://www.penshop.co.uk/montblanc/...skin-pen-pouch

Louis Vuitton have one too, i preferred the design of the montblanc one though
https://eu.louisvuitton.com/eng-e1/p...onogram-006517
Last edited by Ryanthom100; 5 days ago
Honey Marigold
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by AngryRedhead)
I don’t know; wouldn’t it make much more sense to judge wealth by car model and make? Chances are if you’ve got an expensive pen but no car you’re not going to be all that wealthy in any case
I dunno, I think most persons who spend that much on pens already have a really expensive car. Cars are big and obvious, it’s the littler things such as 30ct solid gold platinum lined pen, or a Starbucks reusable cup with the highest diamonds that really show who’s the boss in a social group
CoolCavy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by AngryRedhead)
Did you go into why people bought luxury pens?
To impress their fellow rich pen collectors
gjd800
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
So that academics and really rich persons can see who has the biggest pen, or the most expensive? The winner is of course the coolest within the social group
Vast majority of academics don't make enough to warrant splurging on this nonsense, ha
Blue_Cow
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Sam376)
x
:troll:
Ryanthom100
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
I dunno, I think most persons who spend that much on pens already have a really expensive car. Cars are big and obvious, it’s the littler things such as 30ct solid gold platinum lined pen, or a Starbucks reusable cup with the highest diamonds that really show who’s the boss in a social group
I hope you're joking, who tf would wanna own and ride a toyota for example when they have a £100+ pen. What can an expensive pen give you that makes you think an expensive pen is better than an expensive car. Cars ain't big and obvious also tbf, a tesla for example is expensive but i personally don't see people who own a tesla as someone who flaunts there wealth
CoolCavy
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by gjd800)
Vast majority of academics don't make enough to warrant splurging on this nonsense, hah
Mhm it was mostly rich office types CoolCavy© research found
Honey Marigold
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Ryanthom100)
I hope you're joking, who tf would wanna own and ride a toyota for example when they have a £100+ pen. What can an expensive pen give you that makes you think an expensive pen is better than an expensive car. Cars ain't big and obvious also tbf, a tesla for example is expensive but i personally don't see people who own a tesla as someone who flaunts there wealth
But with a pen you can control the written word and the ability to make history, with a car you can simply go from one place to another. A high quality pen gives you power over thought itself and you can sign and write historical documents so that you can be forever remembered throughout history.
math42
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
That's roughly average, yes.
Ryanthom100
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
But with a pen you can control the written word and the ability to make history, with a car you can simply go from one place to another. A high quality pen gives you power over thought itself and you can sign and write historical documents so that you can be forever remembered throughout history.
I mean, i thought it would be worth sticking something expensive up your butt, i mean imagine the flex saying you stuck a £100 pen up your butt. But yeah that's also a fair point. That's the only reason i got my £1000 pen, me and my friends have a game "who can stick the most expensive pen up your butt, i just beat my friends "fisher space pen (£500)", now just waiting for my record to be beat
Last edited by Ryanthom100; 5 days ago
AngryRedhead
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by CoolCavy)
To impress their fellow rich pen collectors
I own the Cross pen the op has and neither of these things apply to me :laugh:
Sam376
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
(Original post by Blue_Cow)
:troll:
Name:  51994067-939D-4C27-9925-790FD0800DE6.jpg.jpeg
Views: 12
Size:  14.9 KB
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
iodo345
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Student room probably isn't the best place to ask this question - most are probably in a -£414 overdraft and jealous because they only have sharpies. Ask people knowledgeable about pens like companies/ sellers and you would get a more mature response.
Fresher18
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
The most I'd pay for pens would be about £2 and that'd be for a multipack of at least 10, but then my last pack of pens I purchased was in 2014 when still in school and doing my GCSEs, still have most of them left as do nearly all my work on my iPad or Laptop
SlightlySummer
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
:rofl: Nice handwriting
VMD100
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
The average price for pens is probably about 2 pence - think how many millions of cheap BIC style pens exist
JohanGRK
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Notnek)
If you want good quality pens then Penisland is the place to go:

https://www.penisland.net/
unfortunate choice of URL
the bear
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
the ladies will be impressed by your pens
Drewski
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Troll in the sense that you're deliberately posting ****e to provoke a response from angry people.

So yes, you are.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (15)
16.3%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (13)
14.13%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (23)
25%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (34)
36.96%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (1)
1.09%
No particular grades needed (6)
6.52%