University lectures (and other stuff) Watch

_Jess_Mardon_
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
I'm supposed to be going to university in September (hopefully) to study history. I was wondering if anyone would know if my lectures would be everyday or whether they are spaced out 🙂 also wondering if at any point during the course I'd have to speak in front of everyone like a presentation because I have anxiety and I'm scared to hell and back that I'll have to 😨
Palmyra
Badges: 20
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by _Jess_Mardon_)
I'm supposed to be going to university in September (hopefully) to study history. I was wondering if anyone would know if my lectures would be everyday or whether they are spaced out 🙂 also wondering if at any point during the course I'd have to speak in front of everyone like a presentation because I have anxiety and I'm scared to hell and back that I'll have to 😨
How would we know this without knowing which university you'll be attending?

Check the website to see what modules you'll be taking and how they're assessed (for the presentation question).

As for whether the lectures will be spaced out, have you been assigned some sort of 'buddy' at the uni? If not, you'll just have to wait and find out. Doesn't seem like a big deal though. :dontknow:
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
If your anxiety is diagnosed and not just the entirely normal thing of feeling a bit nervy before speaking in front of a crowd, the department will likely make adjustments for you
SuperHuman98
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
I study history.

Yes you will have to do a few presentations. For us we did 2 per module but it will depend. I think it is very typical for our course. What I am saying is it depends on the uni but I will be surprised if you didn’t have to.

The presentations will just be in your seminars which is around 10-15 people.

Lectures will be spaced out. You won’t have that many compared to other courses. History is more independent study based so you have lower contact hours. It depends on uni but things are usually well spaced out. Some days might be busier than others tho
Last edited by SuperHuman98; 4 days ago
oswalds
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
I did history at uni and my lectures were spread over a week but when they are will depend on your modules and the way your uni organises the timetables. It worked out for me that in 1st year I was in Monday to Friday, in 2nd I was in Monday to Thursday and in 3rd I was in Monday to Wednesday. I would only have one or two lectures or seminars a day, and your contact hours decrease as you go through the degree most of the time.

With presentations it really depends on the uni, but your course will probably have some. In 2nd year I had two assessed presentations, one on my own and one in a group, and then throughout my degree I've had informal ones, which is up to your seminar tutor who decides whether they want presentations as a part of a seminar.
Liverpool Hope University
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by _Jess_Mardon_)
Hi there _Jess_Mardon_

Timetabling depends on the university, but I was only ever in 3 mornings/afternoons a week for my undergraduate. Have you asked for a sample timetable?

The likelihood is you'll have presentations. I did Sports Science for my undergraduate and we have a couple of presentations and a debate, but we were never presenting in front of a full class. Have you checked if your university has a student support department and if they offer drop in sessions? As gjd800 says, if you genuinely cannot present your department will likely make adjustments for you for that assignment.

Please message any questions we may be able to answer

Fi :horse:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Clearing open day Undergraduate
    Tue, 20 Aug '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Aug '19
  • University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19

Are you going to self-release into Clearing?

Yes I've pressed the button (86)
17.92%
No I'm happy with my uni offer (308)
64.17%
Not yet but I am planning to (23)
4.79%
Not yet but I might (63)
13.13%

Watched Threads