GCSES/A levels Watch

Ava Lewis
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I recently posted something about GCSEs for law and a few people said that GCSEs aren’t what matter most, a levels is the main thing. So if I took maybe two of my own choices of subjects e.g music/drama and either history or business studies would that be okay, or would it be better to do one fun subject and two subjects like history etc?
I’m only just going to year eight, which is the year group that we choose our subjects so for some reason I’m like really stressing 🤭
Murumuru
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Honestly, GCSE's aren't too important. Aslong as you pass your Maths and English; they are the most important GCSE's. If you're going into A-Levels after high school then choose the subject that is related in what you want to do for A-levels. In my GCSE's I took art, home economics (food tech), music and IT. Then I studied Law, English Lang and Sociology for A-levels. Now I'm doing Nursing mental health at University. Your choices at GCSE really don't matter. It is the Grades you get in your A-levels and GCSE english and maths that matter.
harrysbar
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Ava Lewis)
I recently posted something about GCSEs for law and a few people said that GCSEs aren’t what matter most, a levels is the main thing. So if I took maybe two of my own choices of subjects e.g music/drama and either history or business studies would that be okay, or would it be better to do one fun subject and two subjects like history etc?
I’m only just going to year eight, which is the year group that we choose our subjects so for some reason I’m like really stressing 🤭
Don't stress....You don't need lots of hard subjects at GCSE level, although I would recommend History over Business Studies since History is a very good subject for people interested in Law
emily.g34
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
im going into year 11 and have friends who want to go into law who didn't choose history or business however i can imagine history would be helpfull. Remember GCSEs arent as important as some may say so take subjects you like and enjoy.
zenab anwar
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Ava Lewis)
Hey,
right now i know this seems stressful for you but this shouldn’t even cross your mind! if you want to do law at A-Level, you need to do History. that’s it. having a good history grade at gcse really helps to get into Law A-level. then, you can do the other two subjects of your choice that you enjoy. Don’t stress over this, i’m telling you. the real thing is Year 10 and Year 11 when you learn the really hard stuff for gcse. right now, be ontop of your game in class and keep up with homework, thats it. Also, i disagree with people who say that gcses don’t matter. They do, you need to work hard for your gcses so you can get the grades you want to study a certain subject at A-Level. you don’t just get offered an a level course, you need your gcses as proof that your capable to do the course.
Last edited by zenab anwar; 1 week ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (216)
12.39%
Excited (161)
9.23%
Worried (308)
17.66%
Terrified (385)
22.08%
Meh (180)
10.32%
Confused (37)
2.12%