No longer wish to attend firm or insurance choice Watch

opaqueapple
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
Upon further consideration I no longer want to attend my firm or insurance university as I would like to stay closer to home. Is there any way I can go into clearing if I meet the offer conditions of those universities?
morningstar461
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Yes, once you have your results you can release yourself into clearing.
Eloise204010
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
You can release yourself into clearing if you meet them on your offers page on the day.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
opaqueapple
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
Are you sure? I was under the impression that I am confined to my firm offer if I am accepted, unless the offer is unconditional. Is there any way of confirming this with UCAS.
Eloise204010
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by opaqueapple)
Are you sure? I was under the impression that I am confined to my firm offer if I am accepted, unless the offer is unconditional. Is there any way of confirming this with UCAS.
It's a new thing ucas is doing this year, probably on the website officially. I'm relying on this so I'm pretty sure on this. I'll try grab a link though
Eloise204010
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by opaqueapple)
https://www.ucas.com/advisers/guides...lease-clearing
artful_lounger
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
There is an article about it here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/new...the-first-time which has some information about how it works. As stated in the article and above, it will be after you get your results (when your firm offer is changed from a conditional to unconditional on track) that you will be able to do so. You can then go into clearing if you wish, or take a year out and reapply.

Previously you could do it but you would need to ring up the uni you have an offer with to have them release you into clearing, which could waste time. Now you can do it yourself.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Clearing open day Undergraduate
    Tue, 20 Aug '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Aug '19
  • University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19

Are you going to self-release into Clearing?

Yes I've pressed the button (75)
17.24%
No I'm happy with my uni offer (280)
64.37%
Not yet but I am planning to (21)
4.83%
Not yet but I might (59)
13.56%

Watched Threads