The Student Room Group

should i continue this friendship

i have this friend who i've been friends with for 5 years now, used to be best friends until she got other friends and stopped talking to me. now she only texts me to have 2/3 night sleepovers which i obviously dont enjoy because the whole time she's texting and calling her real friends and doesn't say a word to me, we're basically strangers. i think its sort of selfish of her to want to stay in touch since its only so that she can steal my food from my fridge. if it was just this, i'd be able to break this off immediately. but she guilts me into staying her friend, and i've only got this 1 person to talk to and im thinking maybe its not worth cutting off since having a 1-word reply to my texts and being able to go cinema without being alone/with parents is better than nothing. and if i cut this off, i wont be able to make new friends since no one wants to be friends with someone who has none. so i really dont know what i should do. thoughts?
Make new friends then cut her off you deserve to be treat better
It's better to have no friends than one friend who isn't really a friend.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Make new friends then cut her off you deserve to be treat better

good idea. though that would take a while
Reply 4
It's better to have no friends than one friend who isn't really a friend.

yeah i guess thats true, but if i stay having no friends for a while my parents will shout at me again and give me a 2 hour lecture of them assuming my life is miserable and depressing for having no friends even tho i am happy...
Dump. Get someone who appreciates you and values you
Do not wallow in self pity... there are people out there who draws strength from you.

Get yourself new friends, smile as often as possible
yeah i guess thats true, but if i stay having no friends for a while my parents will shout at me again and give me a 2 hour lecture of them assuming my life is miserable and depressing for having no friends even tho i am happy...

That's stupid, you don't need friends to be happy. You don't need to tell your parents if you don't have any friends, just ignore their lectures. If you're happy then that's all that matters.
Reply 8

Then perhaps explain to your parents that true happiness comes from within, not from the outside.
Reply 9
That's stupid, you don't need friends to be happy. You don't need to tell your parents if you don't have any friends, just ignore their lectures. If you're happy then that's all that matters.

yeah, i wish they'd just understand that. but they know because i never go out with friends or have people over so they know i dont have any, i dont need to tell them. i am happy, but them going on about it all the time makes me feel that its not normal to be happy with no friends, that i should be miserable like they tell me to
yeah, i wish they'd just understand that. but they know because i never go out with friends or have people over so they know i dont have any, i dont need to tell them. i am happy, but them going on about it all the time makes me feel that its not normal to be happy with no friends, that i should be miserable like they tell me to

Ignore them, they don't understand. Or just tell them, you don't need friends you aren't miserable.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending