desperately need revision tips GCSE Watch

mariya00
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
hi, i'm currently going into yr 11 and i need tips on how to retain information as my mocks are in december and maths/science are my weakest subjects -- are there better methods than flash cards and the generic mindmaps? many thanks xx
anonymous.89
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by mariya00)
hi, i'm currently going into yr 11 and i need tips on how to retain information as my mocks are in december and maths/science are my weakest subjects -- are there better methods than flash cards and the generic mindmaps? many thanks xx
yeah, there is. I found science to be my strongest subjects. firstly, I made my own specifications for science and kept it on the side. I used to pull out my thick @rse textbook and simply read it till I understood it and write the notes down either in a mind map or just in a book and tick it of my list. I loved using A3 paper so i could write big and also use diagrams and stick it on my wall.
hopefully, you'll do good xx
may I ask what exam board you are doing, also what tier?
mariya00
Rep:
?
(Original post by anonymous.89)
yeah, there is. I found science to be my strongest subjects. firstly, I made my own specifications for science and kept it on the side. I used to pull out my thick @rse textbook and simply read it till I understood it and write the notes down either in a mind map or just in a book and tick it of my list. I loved using A3 paper so i could write big and also use diagrams and stick it on my wall.
hopefully, you'll do good xx
may I ask what exam board you are doing, also what tier?
for science im doing AQA, and Maths im doing edexcel -- all higher tier. May i ask how you revised for chemistry and physics too? Algebra and Proofs are my specific weaknesses in maths:/

many thanks xx
HGS345
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...6#post84723976 --> You'll find my revision tips here.
WillMHere
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
With maths the only real way to practice is by answering questions, the same applies to some of science but it depends on how you learn best. For me I hated mind maps so would make lists for example listing the stages of the nitrogen cycle
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
mariya00
Rep:
?
(Original post by WillMHere)
With maths the only real way to practice is by answering questions, the same applies to some of science but it depends on how you learn best. For me I hated mind maps so would make lists for example listing the stages of the nitrogen cycle
oh ok, will defo try that out, thanks!
mariya00
Rep:
?
(Original post by HGS345)
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...6#post84723976 --> You'll find my revision tips here.
Thank you
roseee03
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
for science im doing AQA, and Maths im doing edexcel -- all higher tier. May i ask how you revised for chemistry and physics too? Algebra and Proofs are my specific weaknesses in maths:/

many thanks xx
wow we should be study buddies!
xanx
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by roseee03)
Lmao, same. What other subjects are you doing? (I'm doing Spanish, Latin, Geography and History)
roseee03
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by xanx)
Lmao, same. What other subjects are you doing? (I'm doing Spanish, Latin, Geography and History)
i've already taken business and german (waiting for my results) and next year i'm also doing media studies
mariya00
Rep:
?
(Original post by roseee03)
omg yes!! do u have snapchat?
roseee03
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
omg yes!! do u have snapchat?
sadly my mum took my phone away but we can private chat on here i'm on my laptop btw
Cindy02
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Make your revision resources as you go along
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
jeonjungkook01
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago

many thanks xx
Hello, I'm doing edexcel for Maths as well, higher tier and I think im pretty okay with algebra so let me know if you're looking for study buddies
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (214)
12.6%
Excited (156)
9.18%
Worried (305)
17.95%
Terrified (378)
22.25%
Meh (163)
9.59%
Confused (37)
2.18%