definite_maybe
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
How did you find the paper? I thought the first 2 topics were easy, and the last two more challenging. As usual, a few people answered a topic we hadn't studied, or answered all five.

I didn't like the social injustice question, as I didn't have a lot to write.
W_i_l_l
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Boring as... Im finised though now .
MIKE ESSIEN IS QUITE SIK
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
was alrite, but was pushed for time, did the war and crime unit in about 15 mins
Hedgehunter
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Did questions 13, 5, 1..in that order. I didnt do the social injustice one as there is not much to write for that to get 8 marks...

That was my last GCSE ever!...:cool:
ArchedEdge
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Thought it was pretty good, most of the questions were fairly typical to what we'd done in class so it was nothing taxing.

Tried to make sure i used as many quotes as possible

Still got a couple of exams left though
MIKE ESSIEN IS QUITE SIK
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
ye i got a few more exams left 3 sciences and graphics hopefully i can get an A in RE, i think philosphy was a bit easier.
Hedgehunter
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by ArchedEdge)
Thought it was pretty good, most of the questions were fairly typical to what we'd done in class so it was nothing taxing.

Tried to make sure i used as many quotes as possible

Still got a couple of exams left though
Same..I packed in loads. Do you have Greek or something?
ArchedEdge
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Hedgehunter)
Same..I packed in loads. Do you have Greek or something?
No I'm retaking B1 and P1

Missed A* mark by about 10 UMS points
rachxl
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
does anyone else think that, despite there seeming to be less content for the philosophy bit, it was harder to write lots on the ethics paper? I thought that was allot harder than the first one. Still, not overly straining. It's the just writing for 2 hours... I got bored.
Superman_Jr
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
What does social injustice imply? I talked about racism and sexism but i think that was wrong
ArchedEdge
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by rachxl)
does anyone else think that, despite there seeming to be less content for the philosophy bit, it was harder to write lots on the ethics paper? I thought that was allot harder than the first one. Still, not overly straining. It's the just writing for 2 hours... I got bored.
I tried to go slowly but ended up finishing with 40 minutes to go

I found the first one harder because there was so much random stuff to write. like scientific explanations for the Big Bang...it's a damn RS exam for crying out loud! :p:
MIKE ESSIEN IS QUITE SIK
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
ye i was unsure about social injustice, i mainly wrote about racism.
03thowoo
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
The social injustice question really got me .... i just couldnt write enough.

By the way, how much did you guys actually write? ... i finished the 8 page answer book and needed 1 extra piece of paper.
aaa111
Badges: 1
Report 11 years ago
i didn't like the marriage vows question, i didn't think there was really that much you could say, i just rambled quite a lot. other than that, i didn't find it too bad.

i liked talking about martin luther king in every euality and injustice question, i put in so much quotation from his dream speech, haha, it probably wasn't even relevant.

i don't understand why they gave us all an 8 page booklet, everyone needed more paper. i used three booklets... but i always write too much, i wrote 20 pages for english too :s
ArchedEdge
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by aaa111)
i didn't like the marriage vows question, i didn't think there was really that much you could say, i just rambled quite a lot. other than that, i didn't find it too bad.

i liked talking about martin luther king in every euality and injustice question, i put in so much quotation from his dream speech, haha, it probably wasn't even relevant.

i don't understand why they gave us all an 8 page booklet, everyone needed more paper. i used three booklets... but i always write too much, i wrote 20 pages for english too :s
:eek:

I used the 8 page booklet just fine!
aaa111
Report 11 years ago
maybe my writing is just very large...
Superman_Jr
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by 03thowoo)
The social injustice question really got me .... i just couldnt write enough.

By the way, how much did you guys actually write? ... i finished the 8 page answer book and needed 1 extra piece of paper.
I finished the first booklet and stopped at the middle page of the second booklet.
Ilyusha
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Superman_Jr)
What does social injustice imply? I talked about racism and sexism but i think that was wrong
I think that's fine - the definition we were given is "social injustice is when society is set up in such a way that certian groups of people have fewer rights and priveleges than others". So women in a sexist society, different races in a racist society are victims of social injustice. I personally talked about the disabled, immigrants and the poor.
Superman_Jr
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by anna_c_100)
I think that's fine - the definition we were given is "social injustice is when society is set up in such a way that certian groups of people have fewer rights and priveleges than others". So women in a sexist society, different races in a racist society are victims of social injustice. I personally talked about the disabled, immigrants and the poor.
Sexytime:cool:
aaa111
Report 11 years ago
"there is neither jew nor greek, slave nor freed person, male nor female, for we are all one in jesus christ"

amen.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Nottingham
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (115)
66.09%
No I haven't decided yet (35)
20.11%
Yes but I might change my mind (24)
13.79%

Watched Threads