Less 0.5 in IELTS Writing Watch

calvinzzz
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
I am an international student which has graduated in the past month ( 2019 July ) in one of UK’s universities and I hv got a conditional offer from another university for postgraduate taught course. Since I’m not a native English speaker and a national that the university thought to be English speaking, I need to take IELTS in order to study master ( as this is one of the requirements from the offer and the IELTS score must be 6.5 in overall and with 6+ in each component). Will the university let me in if IELTS score is 6.5 in overall with 5.5 in writing but holding a first class degree?
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by calvinzzz)
I am an international student which has graduated in the past month ( 2019 July ) in one of UK’s universities and I hv got a conditional offer from another university for postgraduate taught course. Since I’m not a native English speaker and a national that the university thought to be English speaking, I need to take IELTS in order to study master ( as this is one of the requirements from the offer and the IELTS score must be 6.5 in overall and with 6+ in each component). Will the university let me in if IELTS score is 6.5 in overall with 5.5 in writing but holding a first class degree?
You need to ask them this directly.
esrever
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
I am an international student which has graduated in the past month ( 2019 July ) in one of UK’s universities and I hv got a conditional offer from another university for postgraduate taught course. Since I’m not a native English speaker and a national that the university thought to be English speaking, I need to take IELTS in order to study master ( as this is one of the requirements from the offer and the IELTS score must be 6.5 in overall and with 6 in each component). Will the university let me in if IELTS score is 6.5 in overall with 5.5 in writing but holding a first class degree?
Did you tell your postgraduate university that you studied undergraduate degree in UK?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Last edited by esrever; 3 days ago
calvinzzz
Rep:
?
(Original post by esrever)
Did you tell your postgraduate university that you studied undergraduate degree in UK?
I did tell them but they only exempt a national that they consider as English speaking country. Therefore, I’m not in that case even I graduated in UK within 2 years.
esrever
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
I did tell them but they only exempt a national that they consider as English speaking country. Therefore, I’m not in that case even I graduated in UK within 2 years.
Do you have time for taking another IELTS test? The new computer based test can give results in a week.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
calvinzzz
Rep:
?
(Original post by esrever)
Do you have time for taking another IELTS test? The new computer based test can give results in a week.
The deadline to submit the result is before 1st September and the IELTS test is not available on this week and the computer based test is not available on my country therefore there is no time to take another one.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
The deadline to submit the result is before 1st September and the IELTS test is not available on this week and the computer based test is not available on my country therefore there is no time to take another one.
Talk to them - you need to speak to them to find out if there are any alternatives that they can consider or if they can show any leniency given your UK degree.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Keele University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 18 Aug '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Clearing open day Undergraduate
    Tue, 20 Aug '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Aug '19

Are you going to self-release into Clearing?

Yes I've pressed the button (74)
17.54%
No I'm happy with my uni offer (269)
63.74%
Not yet but I am planning to (21)
4.98%
Not yet but I might (58)
13.74%

Watched Threads