the only people I'm ever interested in aren't interested in me at all Watch

millymelting
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
And if anyone ever "fancies" me, it's someone who I am really not interested in. Should I give in to the ones who are nice but undesirable? Or should I wait until someone I'm particularly keen on (and vice versa) pops into my life? I know I shouldn't be worrying about relationships, I just get a little lonely! :}
MSB
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Presumably there's some probability involved. It will work out for you eventually.

You can tip the odds in your favour, though, by trying to become a more attractive person and, of course, meeting more people.
Titch89
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
You wouldn't be the only one.

Personally, I wouldn't go out with someone I'm not attracted to, just because they like me.
JustJam2006
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Titch89)
You wouldn't be the only one.

Personally, I wouldn't go out with someone I'm not attracted to, just because they like me.
Yup full agree with this post. Don't worry too much OP, it happens to a lot of us. I like to call it 'Sod's Law'. No, I don't think it's a good idea to go out with someone you're not attracted to or have any interest in, merely because they like you. Just imagine if they were to find this out. I wouldn't like to find out that someone only went out with me out of pity or just because I liked them and they didn't even find me remotely attractive. No No No

Just put yourself out there, try new things, meet new people....you'll find someone with whom the feelings are reciprocated eventually.

IntrovertedExtrovert
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Im in the exact same boat. Dont settle for anyone other than who YOU like, and dont take pity on anyone else. I guess you will just have to get yourself out there and wait until you meet the right person were the affection is not unrequited (SP?) Good luck!
millymelting
Rep:
?
Thanks girls! I don't want to hurt anyone, so I'm going to let my love life take a backseat in the grand scheme of things
SquishyHomie
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
im exactly like this also!
Drewski
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Could have described me, this thread...

Don't do it - it's not fair on them.
millymelting
Rep:
?
(Original post by Drewski)
Could have described me, this thread...

Don't do it - it's not fair on them.

It is unfair, you're right - but what if I discover that I do really like them? I won't take the risk though
Drewski
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Yeah, there is a chance you could grow to like them, that their personality can overcome whatever it was about them that you didn't find initially attractive.

But.

What if it doesn't?

It's a tricky one. You can always get closer to them as a friend and see what happens then.
Like I say though, fine line...
millymelting
Rep:
?
Very true. But often if you're good friends with someone who likes you it makes things even more confusing for them, so I'm trying to distance myself, although I feel terrible about it :/
A Stranger in Moscow
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Same.
Drewski
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I know, it's happened to me too [both sides] and there's no single thing you can say that will definitely work.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (16)
6.78%
They might tell the bully (25)
10.59%
I don't think they'd understand (40)
16.95%
It might lead to more bullying (84)
35.59%
There's nothing they could do (71)
30.08%

Watched Threads