My Helix and Flat piercing are in so much pain. Watch

ChloeGuns
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
So I recently just got my flat helix and helix pierced, in fact 4 days ago and they both are very swollen and are throbbing which is so painful to the point I can’t sleep with the pain it is causing me. I believe I’ve used the wrong salt a few times, although I have been using this chamomile method as I heard is reduces pain and swelling? Are they infected? Please reply ASAP because they are unbearably painful and I don’t think I can take it any longer. In the attachments are pictures of my swelled up ears, first one helix, second one flat.
Last edited by ChloeGuns; 1 week ago
Marie_strong1234
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I would recommend using tea tree oil as it helps as tea tree oil has been shown to be anti-fungal, antiseptic, and antimicrobial, and to have antibiotic properties against some gram-negative bacteria.
chelseadagg3r
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by ChloeGuns)
So I recently just got my flat helix and helix pierced, in fact 4 days ago and they both are very swollen and are throbbing which is so painful to the point I can’t sleep with the pain it is causing me. I believe I’ve used the wrong salt a few times, although I have been using this chamomile method as I heard is reduces pain and swelling? Are they infected? Please reply ASAP because they are unbearably painful and I don’t think I can take it any longer. In the attachments are pictures of my swelled up ears, first one helix, second one flat.
Those do look really sore. For a start, don't keep trying loads of different aftercare techniques, especially with strong products. If you wouldn't put it in an open wound, don't put it around your piercing. Go back and see your piercer for advice, but it also looks like the jewellery needs changing to be longer/larger so that there's space for your ears to swell.
ChloeGuns
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by chelseadagg3r)
Those do look really sore. For a start, don't keep trying loads of different aftercare techniques, especially with strong products. If you wouldn't put it in an open wound, don't put it around your piercing. Go back and see your piercer for advice, but it also looks like the jewellery needs changing to be longer/larger so that there's space for your ears to swell.
Thank you for replying, although the piercing studio isn’t open until Saturday, so shall I just continue cleaning the piercings regularly until my piercer is free?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (216)
12.39%
Excited (161)
9.23%
Worried (308)
17.66%
Terrified (385)
22.08%
Meh (180)
10.32%
Confused (37)
2.12%
Putting on a brave face (242)
13.88%
Impatient (215)
12.33%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise