failed module first year Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
hi, so basically i've been suffering from depression and anxiety and this has led me to missing assignments and not doing them. it is now august and i've had resits, i've been to my exam (i only had one) but for assignments i haven't completed any of the resits. the past couple of days i've been panicking and completely shut down. do you think i will be kicked out of uni or will they give me a second chance to redo my module?
toy&halo
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Different universities have different rules about resitting, repeating and progressing so you need to contact your department, tutor or student support staff at your uni to make sure you are getting correct information. Do the uni know that you have been struggling with illness? You need to ask about how you submit a mitigating circumstances claim (sometimes called exceptional or extenuating circumstances, depending on the uni). You'll need supporting evidence from your doctor, or counselling service if you have been seeing anyone.

The sooner you contact them the better. Once the conversation has started they will be able to guide you through the process and talk you through the options

Even universities with pretty strict rules usually allow a repeat of the first year, particularly if you can show that you have been unwell, or there may be a chance to redo these resits while taking a break from your studies (a leave of absence) so that you are ready for the next year, or other options you need to find out about.
AvSpeedCheck
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Well youve definitely failed the year, you wont be able to go onto year 2. Even if you could redo the year, why would it be any different, I think u need to address your issues before enrolling on another course. edit: Or maybe uni just isnt for u
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Clearing open day Undergraduate
    Tue, 20 Aug '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Aug '19
  • University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19

Are you going to self-release into Clearing?

Yes I've pressed the button (75)
17.24%
No I'm happy with my uni offer (280)
64.37%
Not yet but I am planning to (21)
4.83%
Not yet but I might (59)
13.56%

Watched Threads