A Level Results Day - Missed grade by 2 marks Watch

null12345
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
So I do IAL and got 2/3 of my results yesterday under the Cambridge exam board. My firm offer is AAB with A in EPQ for Leeds and I got a B in a subject I was more confident in and now I am worried I might get another B for my result that comes out tomorrow under Edexcel IAL. The B that I got was just 2 marks off an A though, I'm not sure if Leeds would still consider me if I got another B but was 2 marks off an A so it was a near miss. Also, from what I was graded by my teacher, I should be (hopefully) be getting an A* in my EPQ. I'm just not sure whether they would consider me if I got ABB with A* in EPQ especially for my course, Law. But I am an international student? Maybe there is some leniency considering my fee status? Helppp
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by null12345)
So I do IAL and got 2/3 of my results yesterday under the Cambridge exam board. My firm offer is AAB with A in EPQ for Leeds and I got a B in a subject I was more confident in and now I am worried I might get another B for my result that comes out tomorrow under Edexcel IAL. The B that I got was just 2 marks off an A though, I'm not sure if Leeds would still consider me if I got another B but was 2 marks off an A so it was a near miss. Also, from what I was graded by my teacher, I should be (hopefully) be getting an A* in my EPQ. I'm just not sure whether they would consider me if I got ABB with A* in EPQ especially for my course, Law. But I am an international student? Maybe there is some leniency considering my fee status? Helppp
Talk to Leeds. They may have already accepted you. or may say wait till tomorrow.
Ask them what happens if they reject you and you then get a remark that results in you meeting the offer. You will then know if it will still be open and if so go for the remark. I would most likely go for the remark anyway as chances of going down are much less than going up or staying the same. It is just a small gamble. The * in the EPQ is better , but as an EPQ is worth an AS, then it isnt as much as a full grade for A level. It is something though. GL,
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (213)
12.72%
Excited (151)
9.02%
Worried (303)
18.1%
Terrified (374)
22.34%
Meh (155)
9.26%
Confused (37)
2.21%