Changing major after one year in university! help Watch

nanachan123
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I am unhappy with the current major I am taking, I would like to change my major but i am not sure how it works? the grades I have earned in my current course, will it matter if I change major since the major I am planning to take is completely different than the major i am taking.

curr major: History
change major: Biochem
artful_lounger
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Where are you studying? If you're in the UK, I would note most courses don't have "majors", that is just the subject the degree is in, and the terminology is confusing. For courses elsewhere in the world, it will vary a lot; this forum is mainly used by students attending UK universities and schools, so most advice will be tailored towards those areas.

If you're studying in the UK and want to change course, I would suggest contacting the university you're at to discuss your options. Some universities may expect you to get e.g. a minimal pass in first year, or a 2:1 overall, or something else. With those two subjects however you would definitely need to be starting again in year 1, and you will need to meet the standard entry criteria (presumably A-level Biology and Chemistry).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (214)
12.53%
Excited (156)
9.13%
Worried (306)
17.92%
Terrified (379)
22.19%
Meh (168)
9.84%
Confused (37)
2.17%