Have your say: What did celebs get in their A-levels? Watch

candokoala
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Here's where you can post a comment about our What did celebs get in their A-levels? article.

Read the full What did celebs get in their A-levels? article and join in the discussion by posting a message below.
BlueIndigoViolet
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Much as we all love Prince Harry, being born to Princess Diana did have its benefits and a leg up compared to a normal person turning to the army (still my favourite royal though )
Andrew97
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Here’s waiting for the now annual tweet from Jeremy Clarkson tomorrow.
SuperHuman98
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Superhuman98 got ABB A* (EPQ)
Obolinda
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Lol, interesting
Fullofsurprises
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
The article features quite an arty, not to say monied crowd. It probably isn't quite as easy to do well for those without access to £££ and indulgent parents. The stand-out would be Stephen Fry, who made it from a prison sentence and a fairly ordinary background to the bigtime.
ThomH97
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'm not sure what the point of the article is. While initially headlining with "These celebrities understand your pain...", it then proceeds to mostly list rich people for whom exams were a side issue as they were already well along their chosen career path. Starting off with two child actors, a royal, and a child athlete.

Yes, if you are already successful and connected before you sit your exams, they don't actually matter. If you aren't (like pretty much everyone on here), you probably should make them a priority.
-Eirlys-
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
The only good part was Stephen Fry tbh. It does make me feel better for my terrible AS level results and it's good to remind people that there's more to life than your grades, but I'm not sure mentioning how they got great grades, whilst filming for one of the biggest movies ever for example, is particularly helpful or encouraging, personally.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Nottingham
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (138)
61.88%
No I haven't decided yet (49)
21.97%
Yes but I might change my mind (36)
16.14%

Watched Threads