Starting Degree Apprenticeship Watch

OliL
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
Hello,

I am starting a Degree Apprenticeship in Business and Management next month and was wondering if anyone with previous experiences has any advice on how to approach it and time management etc.

Also, are any of you starting one this year too?

Thanks
CE01
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Hello, not a response for your question but I have also being looking into the same degree apprenticeship and wondered what company you have gotten a job with / which other companies you looked at? - good luck!
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
OliL
Rep:
?
(Original post by CE01)
Hello, not a response for your question but I have also being looking into the same degree apprenticeship and wondered what company you have gotten a job with / which other companies you looked at? - good luck!
Thanks for replying I have got one with Morrisons Logistics
CE01
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Oh wow! I have actually looked into Morrisons degree apprenticeships as they look really good. Congratulations! Apparently the applications reopen in September but I don't have a specific date. Do you have any tips as you've gone through the full process?
CE01
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
I'm looking to apply myself once applications reopen.
OliL
Rep:
?
(Original post by CE01)
Oh wow! I have actually looked into Morrisons degree apprenticeships as they look really good. Congratulations! Apparently the applications reopen in September but I don't have a specific date. Do you have any tips as you've gone through the full process?
Yeah they roughly open in September I think. Personally, I found it best to research into not necessarily the history of the company but mainly the companies values. The questions are highly focused around what you might do in certain situations and I would try to include personal qualities within these. I believe you apply online and do some form of questionnaire/multiple choice situation based questions, then if you pass that you will move onto a phone interview which is only 10 minutes long. If you pass that then you get to the assessment centre where you have a group task, a presentation and your individual interview. The whole process really isn't as bad as other apprenticeships in terms of applying and all of the people are really nice on the Assessment Centre day. Remain yourself and not too professional as they prefer you to be a bit more realistic in terms of how you come across during the assessment centre and not putting on a professional act.

I'm sure you will love it and hopefully you are successful if you apply
CE01
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Thank you so much for that! It's nice to have some background knowledge before going straight in and applying. I will apply and hopefully I succeed, thanks again! Feel free to keep this chat updated once you've started your course and how you're enjoying it... I'd love to know
sophie_chu
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
Hello
Congratulations on getting the job.
I'm a degree apprentice and I would say I would focus on having a really organised timetable/routine for work/study. For example, I have Mondays off as study leave and work in the office Tuesday - Friday. It means I need to have really strong discipline and focus on maximising that 20% of off-the-job study. I feel like if you manage that well and fix a routine fast, everything else should hopefully fall into place. Treat it like any new job: be inquisitive, do the grunt work you need to and help others, who will appreciate it, teach you new tips and tricks and return the favour.
And enjoy the rest of your summer whilst you have it! Gosh I miss the four months of summer I had before my apprenticeship.
Best of luck!
S
OliL
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 days ago
(Original post by CE01)
Thank you so much for that! It's nice to have some background knowledge before going straight in and applying. I will apply and hopefully I succeed, thanks again! Feel free to keep this chat updated once you've started your course and how you're enjoying it... I'd love to know
Of course I will try to !

(Original post by sophie_chu)
Hello
I'm a degree apprentice and I would say I would focus on having a really organised timetable/routine for work/study. For example, I have Mondays off as study leave and work in the office Tuesday - Friday. It means I need to have really strong discipline and focus on maximising that 20% of off-the-job study. I feel like if you manage that well and fix a routine fast, everything else should hopefully fall into place. Treat it like any new job: be inquisitive, do the grunt work you need to and help others, who will appreciate it, teach you new tips and tricks and return the favour.
And enjoy the rest of your summer whilst you have it! Gosh I miss the four months of summer I had before my apprenticeship.
Best of luck!
S
Thank you very much for the reply, I will keep all of this in mind
brainzistheword
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by OliL)
Thanks for replying I have got one with Morrisons Logistics
Congratulations!! :hoppy:

(Original post by CE01)
Good luck with your applications

(Original post by sophie_chu)
Hello
Best of luck!
S
Great plan! I wish I had study days - would be so much easier to get the qualifications out the way without it interfering with work (but balancing it all makes it pretty interesting!!).

Totally agree about the summer too - had the longest summer I'd ever had before starting the apprenticeship. Though it's quite nice having the freedom to pick and choose when to use your holidays

All the best with you apprenticeship - how far through your scheme are you?
OliL
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 day ago
(Original post by brainzistheword)
Congratulations!! :hoppy:

Good luck with your applications

Great plan! I wish I had study days - would be so much easier to get the qualifications out the way without it interfering with work (but balancing it all makes it pretty interesting!!).

Totally agree about the summer too - had the longest summer I'd ever had before starting the apprenticeship. Though it's quite nice having the freedom to pick and choose when to use your holidays

All the best with you apprenticeship - how far through your scheme are you?
Thank you ! Cant wait to start got the grades I needed today
brainzistheword
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
(Original post by OliL)
Thank you ! Cant wait to start got the grades I needed today
Amazing news, really pleased for you. Would love to know how you get on
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you going to self-release into Clearing?

Yes I've pressed the button (66)
17.55%
No I'm happy with my uni offer (238)
63.3%
Not yet but I am planning to (19)
5.05%
Not yet but I might (53)
14.1%

Watched Threads