Teeth whitening Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
teeth are a bit yellow. Had braces on for 5 years. Dentist suggested I get my teeth whitened (as I have missing lateral incisors so the canines I near the front of my mouth, and these are naturally less white).

have any of u used whitening tooth paste or strips? Did it work? Are there any you recommend?
Arcaneballs
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You should have a "Scaling and root planing" every 6 months if you're a heavy smoker or your dentist says you need it, or every 1 year for normal persons.This should also whiten your teeth, while keeping your mouth healthy
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Arcaneballs)
You should have a "Scaling and root planing" every 6 months if you're a heavy smoker or your dentist says you need it, or every 1 year for normal persons.This should also whiten your teeth, while keeping your mouth healthy
Do you know how much this costs?
Arcaneballs
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Do you know how much this costs?
I have never done it in the UK - but back home it costs somewhere around £35 - £40.

Just checked Google and it says NHS would charge £62.10.
Harry14
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I recommend using Oral B 3D white toothpaste and avoiding drinks such as coffee that can leave stains on your teeth.
SlS66
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Professional whitening costs around £250, administered by a dentist. Look on www.mydentist.co.uk to find your local. Don't try at home bleaching kits, they can permanently damage the enamel. Book an a consultation with your dentist who will advise on the best treatment. Don't have high street procedures such as laser, bleaching. Always go to the professionals, not cosmetic centres.
RobertReny
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Try rubbing your teeth with the inner surface of the banana skin.
HumbleBee_x
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Everyone recommends smile brilliant.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (209)
12.75%
Excited (146)
8.91%
Worried (296)
18.06%
Terrified (370)
22.57%
Meh (151)
9.21%
Confused (36)
2.2%