Postgraduate loan application accepted - then rejected... Watch

NickGlover1985
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi,

I applied for a postgraduate loan to cover my tuition fees for a part-time MBA. I originally applied in April - and was accepted - but didn't complete my application as I was in discussion with the university about precisely how much I owed (didn't want to borrow too much or too little). The application was then cancelled as it timed out.

I've reapplied this morning on precisely the same basis but have been told my application is ineligible. I don't have the reasoning why yet but I'm looking for some guidance if possible.

I started on the course in September 2017 and expect to finish in March 2020. I am a British national, resident in the UK and have never lived abroad. The amount I've sought to borrow is £8,000.

Please help!
Erin SFE
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by NickGlover1985)
Hi,

I applied for a postgraduate loan to cover my tuition fees for a part-time MBA. I originally applied in April - and was accepted - but didn't complete my application as I was in discussion with the university about precisely how much I owed (didn't want to borrow too much or too little). The application was then cancelled as it timed out.

I've reapplied this morning on precisely the same basis but have been told my application is ineligible. I don't have the reasoning why yet but I'm looking for some guidance if possible.

I started on the course in September 2017 and expect to finish in March 2020. I am a British national, resident in the UK and have never lived abroad. The amount I've sought to borrow is £8,000.

Please help!
Hi there,

Our part time applications would not have launched in April. Can you confirm if your are completing an integrated masters course or a stand alone masters course? Also what year of the course are you entering?

Thanks, Erin
NickGlover1985
Rep:
?
(Original post by Erin SFE)
Hi there,

Our part time applications would not have launched in April. Can you confirm if your are completing an integrated masters course or a stand alone masters course? Also what year of the course are you entering?

Thanks, Erin
Hi Erin,

Thanks for the reply.

I started the course in September 2017 - it was paid for by my employer at the time, although my new employer is unable to do so (hence needing a loan). It's a stand alone masters course; part-time Executive MBA. I'm due to complete in March 2020.

Hope helpful!

Nick
Erin SFE
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi Erin,

Thanks for the reply.

I started the course in September 2017 - it was paid for by my employer at the time, although my new employer is unable to do so (hence needing a loan). It's a stand alone masters course; part-time Executive MBA. I'm due to complete in March 2020.

Hope helpful!

Nick
Hi Nick,

We would really need to have a look at your account to see why this has been rejected. Are you able to message us on either Facebook or Twitter privately?

Thanks, Erin
NickGlover1985
Rep:
?
(Original post by Erin SFE)
Hi Nick,

We would really need to have a look at your account to see why this has been rejected. Are you able to message us on either Facebook or Twitter privately?

Thanks, Erin
Sure - what's you @ on Twitter?
Erin SFE
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Sure - what's you @ on Twitter?
Perfect - if you message us at @SF_England, one of our team will get back to you.

Thanks, Erin
NickGlover1985
Rep:
?
Done! Cheers
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (213)
12.72%
Excited (151)
9.02%
Worried (303)
18.1%
Terrified (374)
22.34%
Meh (155)
9.26%
Confused (37)
2.21%
Putting on a brave face (229)
13.68%
Impatient (212)
12.66%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise