Tongue piercing yes or no Watch

Aconite
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by forgottenromeo)
very much so, everyone i know who has had their ears pierced have had it get infected at some point or other.
But did it not hurt? That's the main thing that puts me off them. Like I said, on guys they can be quite attractive, but I can't look at them without wincing a little bit.
forgottenromeo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
its a pressure piercing, they don't hurt, ears hurt a looot more.
PoisonDonna
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Aconite)
But did it not hurt? That's the main thing that puts me off them. Like I said, on guys they can be quite attractive, but I can't look at them without wincing a little bit.
Mine didn't hurt in the slightest. Apparently it's because it's going through a muscle, it just pushes between the fibres rather than really slicing through anything, don't quote me on that, it's how my piercer explained it to me :p:
Mine didn't bleed, swell or hurt, I think I had an brilliant piercer.
forgottenromeo
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Mine didn't bleed swell or hurt either, well untill i bit it by accident but tatwas my own fault. Its fine aslong as you do what your adviced by the piercer. The bit about the muscle fibres is right.
Vanderduck
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I used to go out with someone who had it, I thought it was dead hot !
loz_fairy
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by moodring01)
Tongue piercings are ****ing cool. I can't say much more than that. Well.

It didn't hurt. You have to be brain-dead to get it infected. It feels nice in the mouth once it's healed. It gives good head. I wanted it - I love it. I find them attractive and at least it is a talking point.

It was my first piercing as well.
This

I love mine, and I love my b/f's too...so it's all good
Bexxxx
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I had mine done a few years ago, took it out a few months ago just because it was starting to annoy me, and I had to keep taking it out for work. I didnt really think about any risks before I got it done, it was all fine anyway. You just have to be sensible, like with any piercing.
installedpear
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
the problem I have with tongue peircings is that it's your mouth, not your ear.
If an ear piercing goes SERIOUSLY wrong - the worse that can happen is taht they chop your ear off.
Im wiling to take that risk
But are you willing to take this risk -that you could end up needing part of your skull removed to relieve the pressure of an infection which has spread because of your tongue piercing?

And of course - if you play with it - and run it over your teeth, you're ruining your gums and enamel. chipped teeth, which will then rot more easily.

a few of my friends have got them and I think that's great - and I know they thought about the risks, I wouldnt take the risk. I'd have for you to do it thinking there was no risk involved - Im not saying don't... just be aware of what can happen so you don't REGRET. :-)
eulerwaswrong
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
i personally dont like them

but my sister has got the little flap of flesh below the tongue pierced - thats kinda cool - but id never get it done
miss-bexaroo
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I love mine =)
I've got 10 piercings all together - you can't see them all though mwha

x
AlphaTango
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Noooooo
emma_wemma
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Ooh just to chuck in a horror story I had my tongue pierced and the piercer did it at a slanted angle (like / in my mouth and really far forward) so everytime I moved my tongue is hit my teeth and I couldn't talk properly for the entire time I had it done.

Needless to say I took it out after 6 days as the swelling didn't go down and even with a small bar it kept feeling like it was cracking my teeth!

The piercer had really good reviews too and it cost me 45 quid! Hmmph.

x
truthseeker
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
No way, going to get ugly when its infected. A little less space for the tongue to taste food.
Fjarskafinn
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Absolutely yes. It's my favourite of all my piercings, and it's the most fun

It's really strange trying to speak when you take it out, though.. you've got so used to speaking properly with it in, you end up lisping when it's not there!
Lolly-88
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Like with pretty much every piercing there is going to be some horror story but to be honest there are horror stories for pretty much everything. I love my tongue piercing, my boyfriend was repulsed by it when we first met but once I kissed him and stuff he became completely obsessed with it.

I know that it's considered to be a unisex peircing but I think they're very feminine and I think they look awful on men, it would completely put me off a guy. To be honest the only piercing I think that men can get away with is ear piercings.
loz_fairy
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by emma_wemma)
The piercer had really good reviews too and it cost me 45 quid! Hmmph.

x
For a tongue piercing?!?! I paid a tenner lol

(Original post by Lolly-88)
I know that it's considered to be a unisex peircing but I think they're very feminine and I think they look awful on men, it would completely put me off a guy. To be honest the only piercing I think that men can get away with is ear piercings.
I thought that at first...then I met my man and now....phwoar!
princess_sue
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
My friend's got hers done and it looks really good. But i would never get it done, because I couldn't cope with it in my mouth lol. But i like it
Bexxxx
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
A little while after I got mine done, a girl I went to uni with tried to get hers done at the same place, but they said no because she had a vein in the middle of her tongue or something. Anyway, she went to another place and they did it for her, just a little to the side. I thought that was a bit dodgey
candy x
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
id love mine done!!!

only three things worry me

1) i remember the amount of puss and rubbish that came out my belly button....dont think id want that in my mouth!!!

2) my front teeth are bad enough as they are, i dont think a metal ball hitting against them constantly is going to do much good!

3) im a fiddler!!!.... i dont thing me constantly fiddling with something in my mouth is ever going to be attractive!

oh well
nuttygirl
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I got mine done on saturday, and it doesn't hurt as much as you think it will! It swells up, but mine doesn't really hurt. Go for it!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (85)
68.55%
No I haven't decided yet (23)
18.55%
Yes but I might change my mind (16)
12.9%

Watched Threads