Tongue piercing yes or no Watch

Angelgirl
Badges: 0
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by candy x)

2) my front teeth are bad enough as they are, i dont think a metal ball hitting against them constantly is going to do much good!
Mine doesn't hit my front teeth at all...ever. My piercer did it at a slight angle so that the top ball is closer to the back of my mouth than the bottom one if that makes sense?

I love it!
SoundDevastation
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by bekahchu)
I used to have a double tongue piercing. It looks amazing
what was the placement of them? I want one on each side.. partly cause i miss my snakebites so much. How are they in terms of difficulty? im considering DIY..
bekahchu
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by SoundDevastation)
what was the placement of them? I want one on each side.. partly cause i miss my snakebites so much. How are they in terms of difficulty? im considering DIY..
One in front of the other. I could never DIY my tongue... I wouldn't be able to hold it still! Just watch out for the veins.
Emmy_Rose
Report 11 years ago
I used to have my tongue pierced but a 2am visit to A+E soon got rid of that. The actual piercing didn't hurt at all, and the first couple of hours were fine - just a little blood. Then followed the 7 most depressing days of my life, where I was unable to eat anything other than soup and I wasn't able to talk (and when i did i had to put up with constant tongue ache).

After 7 days of having it pierced, I was woken up at 2am with blood in my mouth. After a trip to A+E i was told that the piercing was done with a bar that was too thin and it was also pierced too far forward. I had caught it in my sleep and they had to use adrenaline to stop the bleeding.

Personally I thought it looked great, but being the great talker that I am, I was unable to put up with the constant aching. My only advice is to go to a reputable piercing place to get it done, and make sure you check their certificates to make sure they are fully qualified.

:-)

xx
gLace
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
;yucky;
tom_tom_tom
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Im undecided on blokes, on women it looks fine however
SmellyCat16
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
no...but its better than getting your whole ear lobe pierced with ivory leaving behind a big hole ...if you know what I mean
Tednol
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Yea piercings are fab I reckon. Personally, would avoid facial piercings but only because they wouldn't "go" with my line of work. But what people can't see, they can't get upset about!
Rokit
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by misswilliams)
I've had my tongue piercing for a few years now, I love it and I've never had any complaints I also love it on men and women but I think some people suit it better than others.

However I was young, and stupid. I had mine done on a whim in Camden, the piercer was awful and did none of the checks you are meant to. They put a REALLY short bar in and I had to go to my local piercer who told me off

If you are thinking about getting it done please do somewhere local, has a good reputation or somewhere you have been before. They should looks for veins etc and say no if your tongue isn't suitable. You CAN have it done slightly to the side but they should tell you this before hand and I personally wouldn't advise it, (when I had mine done they didn't hm).

Edit: just to add on from other posts, as with ANY piercing there are risks. Blood infections etcetc just because it's in your ear and not your mouth doesn't mean that it is any more dangerous or any more at risk from becoming infected, growing out etc.

Also yes tongue piercings are a bit iffy involving the teeth and gums. I've heard of dentists who refuse to treat people with tongue piercings. BUT as long as the piercing doesn't interfere with your gums and teeth it is A-OK, you can also get plastic, flexible bars if you find having metal interfers with your teeth/gums. My dentist said it's not becoming a problem for my mouth , he can't see any damage or how it would affect me in the future and he thinks it looks great
Funny you should mention dentist. I wanted it done at 16 but at the risk of getting kicked out of the house held on. When I was 19 I started getting my piercings done.

I really wanted a tongue and researched it for 2 years. On a visit to my dentist I mentioned it. He told me he used to have his done but had to take it out due to finishing his course and starting work as a dentist. He was all for it as long as I found a responsible piercer who knew about placements.
Belle-x
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I think it looks horrible on guys but I guess it can look kinda okay on girls, depending on their style and stuff. I've kissed a guy with his tongue peircing though and didn't even feel it! Unless I was too drunk to remember and going by the state of what he looked like, I'd like to not remember :p:
Bubblebee
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Belle-x)
I think it looks horrible on guys but I guess it can look kinda okay on girls, depending on their style and stuff. I've kissed a guy with his tongue peircing though and didn't even feel it! Unless I was too drunk to remember and going by the state of what he looked like, I'd like to not remember :p:
Well unless he shoved his whole tongue down there you probably wouldn't. When I first had mine done lots of people said they wanted to kiss me to see what it felt like
raspberry_lace
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
i have mine done and love it had it for 5 years now, i think it depends on each person individually. its one of those things like marmite you either love it or you dont lol :P:
misswilliams
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Rokit)
Funny you should mention dentist. I wanted it done at 16 but at the risk of getting kicked out of the house held on. When I was 19 I started getting my piercings done.

I really wanted a tongue and researched it for 2 years. On a visit to my dentist I mentioned it. He told me he used to have his done but had to take it out due to finishing his course and starting work as a dentist. He was all for it as long as I found a responsible piercer who knew about placements.
Exactly, any good dentist should do the same
Tufts
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Does food get caught around it?
raspberry_lace
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
nope i havent found that it has the only thing i have got caught is gum when i attempted to blow a bubble haha
bekahchu
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
^ :ditto:
forgottenromeo
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
When i get a new bar, should i boil/disinfect it before putting it in?
raspberry_lace
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
yeah, i usually put mine in savalon and hot water, i boil the kettle and get a clean cup and add a cap of savalon. other things such as tcp would work just aswell and make sure the water is boiling hot. .. never put a bar in thats not been disinfected first it could cause infection and you never now whos handled it.
forgottenromeo
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Fair enough, i take it this is with plastic ones aswell?
pandora7
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
tongue piercng is so goddamn amazing. ive had alsmot every piercing and tongue has got to be the least cmplicated one. i ;vd had it for 3 years now and not once i got infected bleed pain etc. i can have it out for weeks and put t back in with no trouble. when i pierced it there was little pain and no bleeding. i think you have to go to a reputable place. place i went to was very $$$ but t was worth it cause i go to the same piercer for all my piercings so he knows my deal and i trust hium to do a good job.
sorry for the bad typing i just painted my nails so can't type well lol
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (56)
66.67%
No I haven't decided yet (18)
21.43%
Yes but I might change my mind (10)
11.9%

Watched Threads