clearing Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
if you call up and get an offer in clearing (and i think an offer expires within 24 hours or something) can you still call up other universities? Is the place technically held for you? So if I take until Friday to add it in in clearing, it won't have been taken up if they made me an offer over the phone?
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
if you call up and get an offer in clearing (and i think an offer expires within 24 hours or something) can you still call up other universities? Is the place technically held for you? So if I take until Friday to add it in in clearing, it won't have been taken up if they made me an offer over the phone?
Yes

You SHOULD get as many verbal/email offers as possible before you decide which to accept by adding that choice on Track (within the deadline for that offer).
If you can't decide by the deadline then you can always ask for more time to think.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
(Original post by PQ)
Yes

You SHOULD get as many verbal/email offers as possible before you decide which to accept by adding that choice on Track (within the deadline for that offer).
If you can't decide by the deadline then you can always ask for more time to think.
Thank you. Do you know when most people will be adding their choices? Do many people do it at 3pm, as soon as track opens? Because if I wait an extra day that will really reduce my chances of getting accommodation I think. I actually really hate myself, I already have my results from last year and am still leaving it so last minute to choose a course
BurstingBubbles
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Moved to the applications, clearing and UCAS section
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (65)
14.32%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (70)
15.42%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (87)
19.16%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (183)
40.31%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (21)
4.63%
No particular grades needed (28)
6.17%