EEA
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
HI all - can anyone recommend an excellent study guide for Paradise Lost books 9&10? I'm stumped.
brainzistheword
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I always used Spark Notes for my revision and it looks like they cover Paradise Lost too: https://www.sparknotes.com/poetry/paradiselost/

It's not a physical guide but hopefully it helps a bit
EnglishStudent*
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by EEA)
HI all - can anyone recommend an excellent study guide for Paradise Lost books 9&10? I'm stumped.
Not an easy text at all, but endlessly rewarding if you stick with it! My suggestion would be Sparknotes for the very basics, getting a summary of each book. Shmoop's summaries are effectively line by line so I'd recommend that if you don't understand a particular line. Once you've read both and know what is going on, then I recommend watching the Yale lecture on Books 9 and 10. Just google it and it should come up. See if there are any Oxford Podcasts on Paradise Lost, too. There's also the Cambridge Companion, which is helpful (don't treat it like a textbook, a summary or 5-10 quotes from a chapter is all you need). All the best!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (17)
31.48%
No (37)
68.52%

Watched Threads