Ques about having sex Watch

Dancy
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Okey, so I have some questions to ask you guys, cuz I’m a bit worry about my sexual life. I’m 17 now, and I got implant three months ago and I had almost having sex everyday during summer.
1.Even if I have implant, will I get pregnant if doing withdrawal method properly?
2. Should I take emergency pill after having unprotected sex( no condom and ejaculate inside and outside)
Can anyone help me with this two questions? I’m really worried about getting pregnant and my parents never know I have sex. And if they know, who knows what they might do.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
JTfoxlove
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
The implant takes 7 days to become effective (can be quicker depending on your cycle). The implant is more than 99% effective against pregnancy. Assuming you waited until it was effective this is your form of birth control.

The pullout method is not a safe form of contraception, in itself, as viable sperm can be present prior to ejaculation.

In your case your protection is coming from your implant. Your chances of getting pregnant are very, very low due to the implant.

For this reason you do not need to take the morning after pill; nor should you as it is a form of 'emergency' contraception and is not designed to be taken regularly.

Do remember that the implant provides no protection to STIs, for this sort of protection you should use a condom.

It sounds to me that you need some extra reassurance so I'd encourage you to talk to a local pharmacist, sexual health service or your doctor about what level of protection the implant offers and any other questions you have.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/contra...ptive-implant/
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (211)
12.74%
Excited (147)
8.88%
Worried (302)
18.24%
Terrified (374)
22.58%
Meh (151)
9.12%
Confused (36)
2.17%
Putting on a brave face (227)
13.71%
Impatient (208)
12.56%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise