metalmay
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hey all, since ucas applications for medicine are soon approaching, I was wondering if I can somehow get into/ transfer into a medicine course after completing my course which I kept as my 5th choice in my ucas applications . for example , if I apply in biomedical as my 5th choice, will I be able to pursue medicine through that,? .. if im unsuccessful in getting accepted directly into a medical school ? thanks
ElNiñoo
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by metalmay)
Hey all, since ucas applications for medicine are soon approaching, I was wondering if I can somehow get into/ transfer into a medicine course after completing my course which I kept as my 5th choice in my ucas applications . for example , if I apply in biomedical as my 5th choice, will I be able to pursue medicine through that,? .. if im unsuccessful in getting accepted directly into a medical school ? thanks
Yes, you can apply for graduate entry medicine after you complete your biomedical Sciences degree
ecolier
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by metalmay)
Many people (including me) will choose a biomedical science etc. course as a "backup" as a 5th choice. GEM will be an option after you graduate. Remember though if you missed your medical offers, it is shorter, cheaper and (relatively) easier to retake the A-Levels and reapply to undergrad medicine then do a (second choice) degree for 3 years then do the highly competitive GEM.

Some unis have a formal transfer programme (e.g. St George's: https://www.sgul.ac.uk/study/undergr...-into-medicine) - if you score high enough you can transfer into a partner's medical course. Remember though this is super-competitive as most people would be enticed by this when they accepted the offer to this non-medical course!
Last edited by ecolier; 2 months ago
AzureCeleste
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Yes you can but note it is extremely competitive (more so than undergrad due to the limited spaces)
ElNiñoo
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by ecolier)
Many people (including me) will choose a biomedical science etc. course as a "backup" as a 5th choice. GEM will be an option after you graduate. Remember though if you missed your medical offers, it is shorter, cheaper and (relatively) easier to retake the A-Levels and reapply to undergrad medicine then do a (second choice) degree for 3 years then do the highly competitive GEM.

Some unis have a formal transfer programme (e.g. St George's: https://www.sgul.ac.uk/study/undergr...-into-medicine) - if you score high enough you can transfer into a partner's medical course. Remember though this is super-competitive as most people would be enticed by this when they accepted the offer to this non-medical course!
Do you get funding for GEM such as tuition and maintenance loan?
ecolier
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by ElNiñoo)
Do you get funding for GEM such as tuition and maintenance loan?
No, I just meant I picked biomedicine (at UCL) as my 5th choice at UCAS. Luckily I got medical offers so I entered undergrad medicine.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (23)
6.73%
They might tell the bully (33)
9.65%
I don't think they'd understand (52)
15.2%
It might lead to more bullying (132)
38.6%
There's nothing they could do (102)
29.82%

Watched Threads