Any Pakistani or Muslim Students at Barts Medical School Malta?

Watch
Maltese Falcon
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
What do you think of the med school and Gozo/Malta generally? Would you recommend it to a Pakistani girl intending to apply for next year?
shadowdweller
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Maltese Falcon)
What do you think of the med school and Gozo/Malta generally? Would you recommend it to a Pakistani girl intending to apply for next year?
Hey, sorry you haven't had any responses yet - just giving this a quick bump, so hopefully someone will be along soon

What interests you in that particular med school?
Maltese Falcon
Rep:
?
Thanks. Barts is a reputed med school and although it has faced teething problems in Malta (including the delay in completion of the new school building and complaints around poor organization and communication with students), their curriculum and teaching is reputedly compatible with that in London. Plus, I am an international student and their fee is affordable and much lower than what I would have to pay in the UK
shadowdweller
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Thanks. Barts is a reputed med school and although it has faced teething problems in Malta (including the delay in completion of the new school building and complaints around poor organization and communication with students), their curriculum and teaching is reputedly compatible with that in London. Plus, I am an international student and their fee is affordable and much lower than what I would have to pay in the UK
Makes a lot of sense! I know ecolier is very knowledgeable around medicine, though I'm not certain if that extends to schools abroad :holmes:
ecolier
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by shadowdweller)
Makes a lot of sense! I know ecolier is very knowledgeable around medicine, though I'm not certain if that extends to schools abroad :holmes:
:sorry: :dontknow: Can't help!
Rnk19
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Current 2nd year medical student at Barts Malta

The med school is good in terms of teaching with great teachers from London and Malta, the campus has been shown to be near completion and should be ready by September/October, though we have a completed anatomy centre and suitable college facilities for lectures.

There are other Pakistani/Indian muslims and a lot of other international students in our year group (would estimate just under half are international) so I would presume it’s a good choice for international students looking for a UK degree linked with Barts.

The island is mostly christian, but there is a masjid 5-10 mins walk from the new campus, though most of the attendees are male, there is a separate room for females I believe though most prefer to pray at home. City life is quiet than most (Apart from traffic) but the people are super friendly and there are a lot of chances to explore the different islands or go to events which really helps to release stress. Lot of good cafes with some of the best coffee and gelato too.

Hope this helps!
Maltese Falcon
Rep:
?
Fantastic, many thanks Rnk 19 !!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (21)
14.19%
I need help researching courses (8)
5.41%
I need help with filling out the application form (7)
4.73%
I need help with my personal statement (63)
42.57%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (36)
24.32%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
2.03%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (10)
6.76%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise