How do I go through clearing?

I just need a layout of tomorrow.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
SuperHuman98
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
I went through clearing and this is how it happened for me last year....

1.)Wake up
2.)Check UCAS track. Be shocked that I missed my firm. (Btw I wasn’t keen on my insurance choice)
3.)Try to think of a game plan while I walk to my school to collect results
4.)Go to school. See my results and get advice from my form tutor.
5.)Check website to see which universities and courses are in clearing. Check the clearing required grades
6.)Spend about an hour trying to get through to the clearing hotline of the university I wanted. It hangs up instantly because of busy it was. You really have to keep trying
7.)Get a clearing offer and ask for email confirmation. (This is evidence of offer).
8.)Get released from insurance choice (call them but I had to email lol).

Also last year I checked my individual marks and found that I was 1 mark away from my firm. I got a priority remark but that took a week. So I called my firm and they said they would take me back if remark changed my grade (I couldn’t get this in writing). So I took my clearing offer but also would have taken my firms offer if the remark changed. In the end my mark didn’t change.

Also. Try and apply for accommodation on results day for your clearing uni. I applied 2 days after and got put on a waiting list. I was lucky I ended up being allocated one of the best halls but I was told a week before uni started so it was pretty stressful. Others got put in temp accommodation till October while the uni built a new hall. Those who applied on results day got offers week after.

Also make sure you have credit on your phone. Although I think most schools let you use the phones in the office. You don’t want to risk having to wait

I think that’s pretty much it.
Last edited by SuperHuman98; 4 days ago
Discrepancy
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
(Original post by SuperHuman98)
I went through clearing and this is how it happened for me last year....

1.)Wake up
2.)Check UCAS track. Be shocked that I missed my firm. (Btw I wasn’t keen on my insurance choice)
3.)Try to think of a game plan while I walk to my school to collect results
4.)Go to school. See my results and get advice from my form tutor.
5.)Check website to see which universities and courses are in clearing. Check the clearing required grades
6.)Spend about an hour trying to get through to the clearing hotline of the university I wanted. It hangs up instantly because of busy it was. You really have to keep trying
7.)Get a clearing offer and ask for email confirmation. (This is evidence of offer).
8.)Get released from insurance choice (call them but I had to email lol).

Also last year I checked my individual marks and found that I was 1 mark away from my firm. I got a priority remark but that took a week. So I called my firm and they said they would take me back if remark changed my grade (I couldn’t get this in writing). In the end my mark didn’t change.

Also. Try and apply for accommodation on results day for your clearing uni. I applied 2 days after and got put on a waiting list. I was lucky I ended up being allocated one of the best halls but I was told a week before uni started so it was pretty stressful. Others got put in temp accommodation till October while the uni built a new hall. Those who applied on results day got offers week after.

Also make sure you have credit on your phone. Although I think most schools let you use the phones in the office. You don’t want to risk having to wait

I think that’s pretty much it.
Thank you 😊 do you know what would happen if I do get the grades? Would my firm just accept me?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Clearing open day Undergraduate
    Tue, 20 Aug '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Aug '19
  • University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19

Are you going to self-release into Clearing?

Yes I've pressed the button (86)
17.73%
No I'm happy with my uni offer (313)
64.54%
Not yet but I am planning to (23)
4.74%
Not yet but I might (63)
12.99%

Watched Threads