The Student Room Group

Should I check UCAS Track?

Hi everyone,
Basically I’ve got to decide whether to check UCAS Track before going into school to collect results tomorrow morning.
I currently have 2 offers at the moment, an offer for A*AA at Durham which I am not taking but instead am taking an offer from UCAS Conservatoires that is only EE. I don’t need to check normal track to make sure I get into Durham as I’m going to music college but should I check track to give myself a vague idea of my results before going into school or should I just go in totally fresh and see what happens? If I was going to take the Durham offer I would of course check in case I didn’t make it and needed to organise clearing options but the only reason I would need to check track is purely out of curiosity.
Thanks for any help!
Reply 1
Original post by ellie1652
Hi everyone,
Basically I’ve got to decide whether to check UCAS Track before going into school to collect results tomorrow morning.
I currently have 2 offers at the moment, an offer for A*AA at Durham which I am not taking but instead am taking an offer from UCAS Conservatoires that is only EE. I don’t need to check normal track to make sure I get into Durham as I’m going to music college but should I check track to give myself a vague idea of my results before going into school or should I just go in totally fresh and see what happens? If I was going to take the Durham offer I would of course check in case I didn’t make it and needed to organise clearing options but the only reason I would need to check track is purely out of curiosity.
Thanks for any help!

Good morning Ellie. I would recommend checking both UCAS Track for Durham offer and UCAS Conservatoires (I don't know how that works) for the music college even though it sounds like you're set for the music college. Then go to school to collect your results and really think carefully about your options because the last thing you want to do is make rash decisions. Best of luck for tomorrow. :smile:
Hi everyone,
Thanks for any help!

I checked before I collected my results. I knew I got into uni so then when I got my results I was feeling good because I knew I would have at least gotten my offer grades.
Hi everyone,
Thanks for any help!

Track won't tell you your results, it will only tell you whether or not you have been placed with the university.

Generally we tend to advise you check Track first as it avoids any nasty surprises once you're at school, gives you a bit of time to process etc. If you're fairly certain you've achieved EE then you could wait until you get to school - it's really entirely up to you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending