Bgriffin
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
The dress code for my leavers dinner coming up is formal/lounge suits. Lounge suits I take to mean shirt, tie and jacket, basically office wear rather than the bow-tie Ball/Prom type gettup.

I'm debating what to wear. I am going to wear black shoes/socks/trousers and a black jacket.

Now, do I play it safe and wear a white shirt with a tie to complement it or do I stay with a black ish theme and go with a black shirt and a tie to complement?
Spike4848
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Don't wear a black shirt with a black suit, go for white, or if you're feeling daring maybe a monochrome floral shirt?
Dashavoo
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
All black would be too funeral-esque, unless that is the sort of thing you are into.
toothpaste-kisses*
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
My boyfriend wore a black shirt, with black pants for our leavers meal last year without the jacket. It looked nice.
Do you have to wear a jacket?
Bgriffin
Rep:
?
We don't technically have to wear a jacket, well as I say the instructions are rather vague and thus say formal/lounge suit.
toothpaste-kisses*
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I wouldnt bother with one then. That way you can wear a dark shirt if you want and not be head to toe in dark colours.
Introspectre
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
White fitted suit with a rather jazzy rainbow shirt.
Bgriffin
Rep:
?
(Original post by toothpaste-kisses*)
I wouldnt bother with one then. That way you can wear a dark shirt if you want and not be head to toe in dark colours.
and a tie which complements the black shirt would help offset the all black colour? if that makes sense.
Spike4848
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Introspectre)
White fitted suit with a rather jazzy rainbow shirt.

eww
InArduisFouette
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
white suit ? who do you work for del flipping monte?

white dinner jackets are for the likes of gylndbourne and cruise ships

white/ light suits might just escape the realms of ridculousness in a very warm summer as office wear ...

either that or youd look like a footballer dressed by his tracksuit and ugg wearing orange 'WAG'
toothpaste-kisses*
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Bgriffin)
and a tie which complements the black shirt would help offset the all black colour? if that makes sense.
Yer exactly. I cant remember the colour of my boyfriends but it had small subtle stripes on which complimented the shirt perfectly.
Also give the white suit and rainbow shirt a miss.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (19)
7.31%
They might tell the bully (26)
10%
I don't think they'd understand (42)
16.15%
It might lead to more bullying (94)
36.15%
There's nothing they could do (79)
30.38%

Watched Threads