The Student Room Group

Who else finds that talking about their problems doesn't help?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CityofMud
Sharing difficult times creates bonds between humans. Having someone listen to your problems theoretically:
a) Makes you feel cared for
b) Enables you to solve them if the listener is mature and can look at it in an objective way
However this is only a short term solution. In the long run only solving the problem (or not caring about it any more) will help. For example if you’re frustrated at not being able to find a gf/bf (a common problem I get complaints about) the only solution is to find one or train yourself to not bother. Otherwise you keep thinking about/repeating the same thing...

I dont think people really do care at the end of the day.
If you talked with someone about debt and financial problems to a millionaire and they gave you money, it works, otherwise it’s pointless
Original post by Anonymous
I'm just wondering if anyone feels the same. We're all told that if we talk about our problems we feel better but whether it's in therapy or with a friend or even on here I only end up feeling worse.

Moved to the Mental health forum :smile:
True but some problems don't have solutions like mental illness. But talking doesn't seem to help either.
Original post by BurstingBubbles
Moved to the Mental health forum :smile:

Why? Less people post here.
Bump
I find it difficult to talk and share with people also.
I find it easier to write down my thoughts/feelings in a journal and refer back to it to track my mood/progress.
Maybe that will help if anyone else finds it difficult to talk...

Quick Reply

Latest