Will I be caught? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
I applied for a grad role and omitted one thing and embellished another thing.

I omitted the fact that I started a new retail job. I had only been working there under 4 weeks before I applied. The first week, I only did online training. The second week, I shadowed other employees. The third week was external training at another location. So I hadn't really done much and therefore didn't feel the need to declare it.

I had already put down my permanent retail job which I had been working at for over a year.

Will this be flagged up on my background check? It's approaching two months that I've been working there. I only took the job because I couldn't live on just 7 hours a week in my other job.

I embellished the title of the society I had been involved with. The role and duties were the truth.

I used to be religious and now I'm an atheist.

I regret the religious phase of my life and don't want to be reminded of it.

I was a treasurer for the religious society I was involved with for just a few months but I don't want the name of the religious society on my CV. So I said I was a treasurer for a business society.

Will they find this out???

I told the truth regarding everything else, it's just these two things that are keeping me awake at night.

It's for a finance grad role.

Help!!!
Deuterium1
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
I wouldn't worry mate, it's not as if you 'lied' about anything.

Omitting information that hasn't be requested (like past convictions) isn't an issue, especially given the reasons you chose to omit it.

Calling a religious group a business is basically accurate in my opinion - they won't care who it was for (unless it was Apple or something) as long as the duties are correct.

Good luck on securing the position mate!
ByEeek
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
There's nowt wrong with leaving things off your CV but you do need to be careful with your embellishments. With social media the world is shrinking at an alarming rate!
doodle_333
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
I doubt they would look at uni societies. If they found you're working a retail job just say you'd only just started so didn't think it worth mentioning, it's clearly not in your field and just tiding you over. Your c.v doesn't have to be comprehensive if stuff isn't relevant you don't have to declare it
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (65)
14.32%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (70)
15.42%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (87)
19.16%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (183)
40.31%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (21)
4.63%
No particular grades needed (28)
6.17%