What are the Uni opportunities after HNC social services? Watch

Maccasey66
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
I had initially intended to do psychology at uni but when I fell slightly short of the grade I needed I tried to apply for social sciences under clearence. However social science was full and they recommend I take social services instead as they claimed that social services also let you get into uni for psychology.

I just got my timetable for hnc social services and the course seems far less psychology focused than I was lead to believe and much more therapy/childcare /carework and am concerned that it won't lead well into uni
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Maccasey66)
I had initially intended to do psychology at uni but when I fell slightly short of the grade I needed I tried to apply for social sciences under clearence. However social science was full and they recommend I take social services instead as they claimed that social services also let you get into uni for psychology.

I just got my timetable for hnc social services and the course seems far less psychology focused than I was lead to believe and much more therapy/childcare /carework and am concerned that it won't lead well into uni
Go back to college and resit or do an access course. Level 3. That gets funded by loans but it doesnt start to use your HE student finance up.
Sometimes its 1 step back for 2 step forward.
I would not do the HNC. I would not waste valuable student finance and I would not study a subject which wasnt what I wanted to study, too expensive and too much of a gamble. Level 3 qualifications at college is what you should be looking at imo. Much smarter move.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 18 Dec '19
  • The University of Law
    Open Day – GDL and LPC - Chester campus Postgraduate
    Sat, 4 Jan '20
  • University of East Anglia
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 6 Jan '20

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (353)
46.26%
No (81)
10.62%
I'm not old enough (329)
43.12%

Watched Threads