Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Can you do Accounting and Finance with doing business at a level?

In another skl ik they do Finance at A level but my mum doesn’t want me to go there
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Can you do Accounting and Finance with doing business at a level?

In another skl ik they do Finance at A level but my mum doesn’t want me to go there
Have a look a the entry requirements at unis you are interested in as that will tell you if they require any specific subjects.
Monsur x
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I saw the entry requirements but only the grades
It does specify any courses

Also thanks for replying
Lancaster Student Ambassador
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Hey!

I'm Charlie, one of the Lancaster University student ambassadors on here. I am currently in my 2nd year of a degree in Finance & Economics, basically 50% Accounting & Finance modules with 50% Economics modules.

Here is some information about the entry requirements for Lancaster's Accounting & Finance course:
https://www.lancaster.ac.uk/study/un.../#course-entry

As you can see the requirements are AAB, and this doesn't specify subjects. I personally really enjoy the course and do think that Business A Level would be a great subject to take before the course.

If you have anymore questions let me know!

Charlie
artful_lounger
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Most A&F degrees don't require any specific subjects. Some may require A-level Maths however. I'm not aware of any that require A-level Business Studies, nor an A-level in Finance (which I've never heard of, honestly). The only reference to finance at 6th form as a subject of study is a certificate/diploma in "financial studies" which is not an A-level. It seems to be a vocational qualification aimed at providing financial literacy for young people, not an academic course in finance, accounting, or investments...
ajj2000
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
No courses want, prefer or at bothered about a level business for a+f degrees. I don’t believe there is such a thing as a level finance.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (437)
56.24%
I don't have everything I need (340)
43.76%

Watched Threads