Special K / Crunchy Nut Watch

toothpaste-kisses*
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Has anyone done the cereal for two meals a day thing, and actually lost any weight?!
Ive been doing it for a couple of weeks and have had no change in weight! I dont really mind because I like cereal, but is it all just a big lie?!!
lemily
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Have you been eating the tiddly 30g portion with 125ml skimmed milk? Or have you been having normal sized portions? Also, it is only recommended if you have a BMI over 25 or 30 I think. If you are in the healthy range of 18-25 on the bmi scale you might not see any results at all maybe.
toothpaste-kisses*
Rep:
?
Yer ive been eating small bowls and using skimmed milk, its the only milk i like!
And I dont have a clue what my BMI is, maybe I should find out!
Thanks
Plato123
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by toothpaste-kisses*)
Yer ive been eating small bowls and using skimmed milk, its the only milk i like!
And I dont have a clue what my BMI is, maybe I should find out!
Thanks
You can use this website to find your BMI easily:
http://www.nhsdirect.nhs.uk/magazine...mi/index.aspx#
PoisonDonna
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Crunchy Nut :coma:
brimstone
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Have you been eating healthily the rest of the time?

IMHO, it's a ploy.
Mantha
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
The study they did to show to drop a dress size was on women all very overweight/obsese (who loose weight a lot more quickly than your average sized girl).
toothpaste-kisses*
Rep:
?
Ah well maybe its not all it cracked up to be, since I have been eating healthy etc. Im going to have to hit the gym !!!
Absurd
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
It's probably an evil marketing trick that shifts units :ninja:
happydinosaur
Report 11 years ago
If your not overweight you probably won't see much difference unless you do it for a very long time.
Sick Puppy
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
i did the special k diet for 2 weeks and lost a couple of lbs but my bmi was 24.8 so i dont know if it was as effective as if i was more overweight
Superman_Jr
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by toothpaste-kisses*)
Has anyone done the cereal for two meals a day thing, and actually lost any weight?!
Ive been doing it for a couple of weeks and have had no change in weight! I dont really mind because I like cereal, but is it all just a big lie?!!
Instead of Special K, try Normal K, it's 100% effective:rolleyes:
neverknowingwhy
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
it works by controlling the no. of cals u eat... so if u ate small lunches before then there wont be any change in ur calorie intake so it wont make any difference.
thats why its works for heavier people cos they eat more so it regulates their eating.
abc101
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
How does anyone manage to use 125ml of milk on Special K?! I use loads of milk on Weetabix 'coz they suck it all up, but on Special K I only ever pour on 50ml, and even then there's still milk in the bowl when the cereal's finished!

Supposedly it only really works if you're extremely overweight. I suppose it can't be bad to try for a while - but you have to make sure you're getting enough of the good stuff in with your third meal and snacks. It might be difficult to get 5 fruit and veg in as well as protein and good fats and stuff with only one meal to spare.

I think I may try it simply because I absolutely LOVE Special K Bliss Strawberries and Chocolate Yummy or what?!!!
Hello_Kitty
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
The Special K diet is supposed to work because it is based on being a very low calorie diet. If you ate a huge and unhealthy third meal then that is going to counteract it's effects! It's not very healthy though because you are likely to be deficient in several nutrients despite the claims on the website.
Segat1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
It made me feel dizzy.
Hedger
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by PoisonDonna)
Crunchy Nut :coma:
:dito:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (17)
7.14%
They might tell the bully (25)
10.5%
I don't think they'd understand (40)
16.81%
It might lead to more bullying (84)
35.29%
There's nothing they could do (72)
30.25%

Watched Threads