amazing-moi
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
well, iv just finished my GCSE's, haven't been school for 2 weeks now, and sorry to say but i actually miss it, seeing my friends etc. and aranging days to go out. I'm at home and im sooooooo bored, my closest friends are either on holiday or not the 'out going' type. i really like going out, exploring, doing new things. iv been home, trying not to be bored; watching films, cleaning (nah joking lol), and other things.. IM SO BORED !! its summer now and im not doing nothing..i may be going on holiday with family, later on for 1 week but thats ages away...what shall i do? im actually seriously bored. i go out to the shops to buy random stuff and come back. my sisters are still at school and usually go out with them. im just home alone, parents at work, i'm in an emply house with nothing to do....not lazy im trying to find new things to do..............i did suggest a summer job, but don't laugh, i dont know how to write a C.V lol, and i get scared if i do get a job ..........boredom is awful...driving me crazy! what do suggest i do ? are you bored after exams, school? :confused:
MSB
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Exercise.
Ducki
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Organised crime.

Or even un-organised crime.

Try and get an internship with the Sicilian Mafia.
gyrase
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I find something strangely cute about you ...
Hedgehunter
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Make new friends to play with...or just sleep.
River85
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Voluntary work.

Read lots of books.

Learn how to write a CV and get a job.
Boo_2
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Aww I remember when I had finished my GCSE's I had this assumption that the summer was going to be fantastic, fun-filled and liberating because I was finally free... but actually it was pretty boring

Sorry I don't have any actual advice... If you're concerned about doing well in your A leves then you could do some background reading on the subjects you're taking.. looking back that would really helped my cos the jump from GCSE to A-level is HUGE... Seriously. Buy some revision guides and just read them so that you have some knowledge when hyou go into class, it will pay off.

OR if you can't be bothered will all that reading then you could just spend the whole summer playing the Sims... which was pretty much what I did
Hedgehunter
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Boo_2)
Aww I remember when I had finished my GCSE's I had this assumption that the summer was going to be fantastic, fun-filled and liberating because I was finally free... but actually it was pretty boring

Sorry I don't have any actual advice... If you're concerned about doing well in your A leves then you could do some background reading on the subjects you're taking.. looking back that would really helped my cos the jump from GCSE to A-level is HUGE... Seriously. Buy some revision guides and just read them so that you have some knowledge when hyou go into class, it will pay off.

OR if you can't be bothered will all that reading then you could just spend the whole summer playing the Sims... which was pretty much what I did
Are you actually serious?!?...Frankly that is laughable...:p:
Natcarr88
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I am the same. I'm extremely bored, and have a strange urge to write an assignment or fill forms in.
gyrase
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Well boring people get bored ... comes from ur parents
amazing-moi
(Original post by gyrase)
I find something strangely cute about you ...
ammm thanks lol
River85
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Seriously, voluntary work.

Surely you have some interests? Voluntary work will give you something to do, will allow you to pursue your passion and possibly give you valuable work experience.

Beats sitting on your arse. There's so much to do, go out and do it.
Nayberay
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I'm bored too
Currently rewriting up my CV and applying for jobs though so hopefully I'll get my job.
If not then I'm just gonna probably go gym or play some social bammers/tennis with mates..

amazing-moi
"i really like going out, exploring, doing new things"
gyrase dont think you read this bit!
amazing-moi
"i really like going out, exploring, doing new things"
gyrase dont think you read this bit!
amazing-moi
hahahaha posted 2 times ( not funny)
Tetrahedral
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I have been on study leave for almost a month and I havent seen my friends much. I am going to get a job this week just so I have something to do.
Malsy
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I know how you feel OP, I tend to go to shops and bring back random things that are just a waste o money too...Im he eldest so I dont have ssiters to go out with, And my cousens who are 20 and 18 etc are either still at college or are not the going out types either

try to wtach your fav programmes or something or if you have NOTHING to do then hasten to say REVISE for your AS's lol im joking ! dont because youll come to realise this time of break is the only break youll ever get before starting them IMO

umm I cant suggest anythign else except maybe like you said arrange things to do with your mates,youll realise they are prorbabl bored too and it will be fun meeting up, they are probably too lazy to arrange stuff so why not you?!

if not just chillax from all your exams like moi:p:
Boo_2
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Hedgehunter)
Are you actually serious?!?...Frankly that is laughable...:p:
Well if the OP wants to do really well in their A-levels then its not a bad idea at all and won' actually take that long... So yes I am serious.:rolleyes:
Renal
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
If it's any consolation I have a month and a half to go and I'm bored too...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (11)
5.95%
They might tell the bully (19)
10.27%
I don't think they'd understand (32)
17.3%
It might lead to more bullying (70)
37.84%
There's nothing they could do (53)
28.65%

Watched Threads