Cabinet Office Civil Service Job Application Watch

RugbyCookie123
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I applied to an entry-level job in the Cabinet Office 4 weeks ago. My application online however still says 'message has been sent' and nothing has changed. I was just curious if this has happened to anyone else? Do they let you know if you've been unsuccessful or is this how long the process usually takes?
dconstance
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
When was the closing date for the job application? They should get back to you within 2-4 weeks from past experience if you have made it past the sift.
LaurenEve1995
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I applied for a civil service role, sent off my application and for 3 weeks the status of my application did not change then one morning it updated to say I was through to interview and to book it on the online portal for a date the following week. Now i've had the interview and i'm waiting, was informed that they are hoping to let everyone know within a week as I was on the last day of interviews but was warned HR can take longer so patience is key

I think the norm is between a 3-4 weeks wait after the initial application submission deadline so it's probably a good sign they are considering you, hope this helps!
RugbyCookie123
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by LaurenEve1995)
I applied for a civil service role, sent off my application and for 3 weeks the status of my application did not change then one morning it updated to say I was through to interview and to book it on the online portal for a date the following week. Now i've had the interview and i'm waiting, was informed that they are hoping to let everyone know within a week as I was on the last day of interviews but was warned HR can take longer so patience is key

I think the norm is between a 3-4 weeks wait after the initial application submission deadline so it's probably a good sign they are considering you, hope this helps!
Congratulations on the interview! Hope it went well! Yeah I've heard that's the thing with civil service so hopefully it'll be worth the wait. I'm just not sure if they have to get back to you or if it will stay on the same status forever!

Hope you get the job!
RugbyCookie123
Rep:
?
(Original post by LaurenEve1995)

(Original post by dconstance)
When was the closing date for the job application? They should get back to you within 2-4 weeks from past experience if you have made it past the sift.
19th of July, so just over a month ago. Ok that's good to know, do you know if they will tell me if I've been rejected?
dconstance
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
They should tell you if you've been rejected or made it through the sift via email. Usually if the job application has an 'interview date' gap filled then that should give you an idea when to expect a response. Did yours have one?

It's a waiting game. Good luck!
Last edited by dconstance; 4 weeks ago
LaurenEve1995
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by RugbyCookie123)
Congratulations on the interview! Hope it went well! Yeah I've heard that's the thing with civil service so hopefully it'll be worth the wait. I'm just not sure if they have to get back to you or if it will stay on the same status forever!

Hope you get the job!
Thank you!

You will certainly be informed, a few of my friends work in the home office in Manchester and had a very very long wait from initial application to starting the role so it's very common across the civil service. I was warned at my interview that HR are very busy at the moment so that might be holding things up too.

But if you are feeling very impatient and If time is ticking you can always call recruitment and enquire, I know that can get things moving sometimes...

I hope you hear soon!!
RugbyCookie123
Rep:
?
(Original post by dconstance)
They should tell you if you've been rejected or made it through the sift via email. Usually if the job application has an 'interview date' gap filled then that should give you an idea when to expect a response. Did yours have one?

It's a waiting game. Good luck!
No unfortunately mine didn't, just said: TBC. Thank you!
Anonman124
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Did you manage to get an interview? I'm still waiting to hear back on my application which I submitted four weeks ago.
dconstance
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Anonman124)
Did you manage to get an interview? I'm still waiting to hear back on my application which I submitted four weeks ago.
In most cases I'd advise to hang in there, it's a waiting game. If you are really concerned just contact the job portal team.
RugbyCookie123
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
(Original post by Anonman124)
Nope still waiting for any sort of response. 8 weeks and counting...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (198)
24.32%
Pop (197)
24.2%
Jazz (33)
4.05%
Classical (46)
5.65%
Hip-Hop (154)
18.92%
Electronic (54)
6.63%
Indie (132)
16.22%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise