The Student Room Group

Extenuating circumstances

I am a current masters student with just my diss left to finish (deadline mid September). For the past two weeks I have been ill and I am currently undergoing tests for a couple of diseases at my local doctors. I have been in constant pain for these past two weeks and I am worried that it is going to negatively impact my final grade. Is it possible to get extenuating circumstances when marking the work but not get an extension?
Original post by Anonymous
I am a current masters student with just my diss left to finish (deadline mid September). For the past two weeks I have been ill and I am currently undergoing tests for a couple of diseases at my local doctors. I have been in constant pain for these past two weeks and I am worried that it is going to negatively impact my final grade. Is it possible to get extenuating circumstances when marking the work but not get an extension?

You'd need to check your uni policies for this and speak to your uni directly.

Do you have a dissertation supervisor to discuss this with? They're probably your best port of call.
Original post by Anonymous

Hi there,

As @SarcAndSpark says, you need to contact your dissertation supervisor as soon as possible. You can then explain your circumstances and they can advise you on what to do next. It may also be worth contacting your universities student support department for the same reasons.

Fi :horse:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending