Acne! Watch

Queen_1
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 days ago
I’m 16 and these past few years my acne has been getting worse. It got better for about a week now it’s back on the sides of my face and my neck. I’ve been to the doctors and they’ve given me creams antibiotics everything but nothing seemed to work. I drink tonnes of water and my diet isn’t bad. I don’t eat too much sugary things and I only drink orange juice or water. I’ve ran out of options and I don’t know what to do now. If anyone has tried anything that works please let me know.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
olivia.francesca
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
Sounds hormonal. Try the pill
Precious Illusions
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
If you've tried a variety of different things then you could discuss with your GP the possibility of a dermatologist referral for roaccutane. Was the only thing that cleared my skin up.
HumbleBee_x
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
Stop wearing makeup if you do
YasudaSayo
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
Going on the pill was the only thing that helped me
Anonymous #1
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by HumbleBee_x)
This is bad advice. Makeup does nothing to contribute to acne if there is underlying hormonal or genetic reasons. OP wear as much makeup as you want
HumbleBee_x
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
This is bad advice. Makeup does nothing to contribute to acne if there is underlying hormonal or genetic reasons. OP wear as much makeup as you want
It doesn't cause it, but It definitely worsens it. OP let your skin breathe from time to time!
Queen_1
Rep:
?
(Original post by olivia.francesca)
Sounds hormonal. Try the pill
I’ve heard about it helping. Shall I ask the GP about it or just start using it without asking?
Queen_1
Rep:
?
(Original post by Precious Illusions)
If you've tried a variety of different things then you could discuss with your GP the possibility of a dermatologist referral for roaccutane. Was the only thing that cleared my skin up.
I’ll ask them and see what they say. My GP rarely do referrals which is annoying but I’ll ask
olivia.francesca
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by Queen_1)
I’ve heard about it helping. Shall I ask the GP about it or just start using it without asking?
Ask the gp because there is different versions of the pill and some help with acne more than others
Queen_1
Rep:
?
I don’t really put makeup on my face other than concealer and it still gets worse. 😭
Queen_1
Rep:
?
(Original post by olivia.francesca)
Ask the gp because there is different versions of the pill and some help with acne more than others
Ok thank youuuu ❤️
HumbleBee_x
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
I don’t really put makeup on my face other than concealer and it still gets worse. 😭
concealer is fine. But I think BB/CC cream is better use one for acne prone skin.
Anonymous #2
Report 2 days ago
I’m 16 and these past few years my acne has been getting worse. It got better for about a week now it’s back on the sides of my face and my neck. I’ve been to the doctors and they’ve given me creams antibiotics everything but nothing seemed to work. I drink tonnes of water and my diet isn’t bad. I don’t eat too much sugary things and I only drink orange juice or water. I’ve ran out of options and I don’t know what to do now. If anyone has tried anything that works please let me know.
hi, i was the same as you but last year my gp referred me to a dermatologist and it really has made a MASSIVE difference.
my GP doesn't do referrals very often either but you have to exaggerate it a bit on how it's affecting your morale/daily life.
Queen_1
Rep:
?
concealer is fine. But I think BB/CC cream is better use one for acne prone skin.
I’ll try it out
Queen_1
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anonymous)
hi, i was the same as you but last year my gp referred me to a dermatologist and it really has made a MASSIVE difference.
my GP doesn't do referrals very often either but you have to exaggerate it a bit on how it's affecting your morale/daily life.
I’ll make an appointment and see what they say. If they don’t refer me I’ll just go myself and pay. I think a consultation at skn clinic is £25-£50
NewSideKick
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
speak to your GP to refer you to a dermatologist and depending on rhe severity of it try isotretonin. It can have severe side effect (though not for me). I had severe acne but now most its gone. It works but the real question is are you willing to take the risk?
Queen_1
Rep:
?
(Original post by NewSideKick)
speak to your GP to refer you to a dermatologist and depending on rhe severity of it try isotretonin. It can have severe side effect (though not for me). I had severe acne but now most its gone. It works but the real question is are you willing to take the risk?
What kind of side effects?? Tbh I would try anything at this point
NewSideKick
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
What kind of side effects?? Tbh I would try anything at this point
https://www.nhs.uk/medicines/isotretinoin-capsules/

This would be a much better source! Please be wary of the side effects!
black tea
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
You need to go back to your GP and discuss what other options are available.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you going to self-release into Clearing?

Yes I've pressed the button (66)
17.55%
No I'm happy with my uni offer (238)
63.3%
Not yet but I am planning to (19)
5.05%
Not yet but I might (53)
14.1%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise