Acne! Watch

Queen_1
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by NewSideKick)
https://www.nhs.uk/medicines/isotretinoin-capsules/

This would be a much better source! Please be wary of the side effects!
Wow the side effects are pretty harsh. Tbh I don’t think my GP will prescribe this to me because my acne isn’t that severe but thanks for the info 😊
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Queen_1
Rep:
?
(Original post by black tea)
You need to go back to your GP and discuss what other options are available.
I will as soon as I can
kurro
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Until you get the Roaccutane from a dermatologist like Precious Illusions suggested (got rid of my acne in 3 months, there are some drawbacks like muscle pain and dry skin but it's worth it!). While you wait, try having cold showers, drink a lot of water, aloe vera cream from nearest market (got mine from Asda, any will do) and more sleep - that's what works for me now that I stopped taking the pills, as they will still appear but only 1-2 spots per month.
Queen_1
Rep:
?
(Original post by kurro)
Until you get the Roaccutane from a dermatologist like Precious Illusions suggested (got rid of my acne in 3 months, there are some drawbacks like muscle pain and dry skin but it's worth it!). While you wait, try having cold showers, drink a lot of water, aloe vera cream from nearest market (got mine from Asda, any will do) and more sleep - that's what works for me now that I stopped taking the pills, as they will still appear but only 1-2 spots per month.
I’ll definitely do this. Seems straightforward enough thank you. Hope it gets better before starting sixth form 😖
AngryRedhead
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Try cutting out meat and/ or dairy. Sometimes these foods have hormones in that can trigger acne. Experiment and see if something triggers it
Queen_1
Rep:
?
(Original post by AngryRedhead)
Try cutting out meat and/ or dairy. Sometimes these foods have hormones in that can trigger acne. Experiment and see if something triggers it
Cut it out fully? Or just eat less?
AngryRedhead
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Queen_1)
Cut it out fully? Or just eat less?
I did a stint of vegetarianism and replaced my milk with soya milk also; I did find my acne improved somewhat. Whether it was the lack of meat or the lack of dairy I’m not sure. It’s best just to experiment a bit and see how your body reacts
Last edited by AngryRedhead; 1 week ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (209)
12.75%
Excited (146)
8.91%
Worried (296)
18.06%
Terrified (370)
22.57%
Meh (151)
9.21%
Confused (36)
2.2%