Anyone else just want their results now! Watch

jonjoe
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
I hear people say 'i dont results day ever to come, im dreading it'. I however, just want the results, even if ive done badly, id rather know now, the wait is gonna kill me!
Jamin
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
yeah i hate this waiting, i dont see how it can possibly take them that long to mark the papers.
Introspectre
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I'm far too scared to know! Imagine if the exams were like driving tests and stuff, you knew what grade you got as soon as you left the exam hall. That would be worse!
LieDown
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Yeah I really want to know! Now! But then again I don't....it's a really horribel feeling
Jamin
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Introspectre)
I'm far too scared to know! Imagine if the exams were like driving tests and stuff, you knew what grade you got as soon as you left the exam hall. That would be worse!
But August is so close to starting uni! If your results will decide where or what you do for the next 4 years, wouldn't you want them straight away? Even if they are bad it gives you plenty of time to look at options.
olive*
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Ahhhh yeahhh I'm dyiiiiing =[
Peanut42
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Well seeing as I have two exams left, getting my results now would be lovely!
chidona
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Ditto, wish they would just send the exam results back to you on an individual basis - but then again, due to the nature of how they're marked and checked and re-marked and checked again, I suppose it's not really possible.

Main reason I would like my results would be so that I knew where I stood with my upcoming exams - can I afford to lose marks in these, or do I need to buckle up even farther?
afc1886
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
YES. I'm looking forward to results day though, its always a laugh to see some people completely miserable - oh wait it could be me noooooooo.

They have got to mark like over a million? scripts so its going to take a little while in fairness
Introspectre
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Jamin)
But August is so close to starting uni! If your results will decide where or what you do for the next 4 years, wouldn't you want them straight away? Even if they are bad it gives you plenty of time to look at options.
At least you can spend your summer without knowing what you've got. Say you found out really early that you'd failed then your summer would be a shadow of what it could have been. I like being oblivious
Nasher and Basher
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I want them now, so I can go about my summer with the pain and stress hanging over my head.
casablanca
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
i cud enjoy my summer a lot better if i knew my results now,results of da modues ive ****** up wud be enuf.
Vanderduck
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
A part of me wants them now because I’m going on holiday and come back just before results day, I can just see myself counting down the days instead of having fun. And then, the other part of me thinks, nooo, you’ve failed, ignorance is bliss!
~*~rAiNbOw~*~
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
yes, so that I can decide what to do with the rest of my life!!
MathematicalMind
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I wish there was an option where you could get your results like a week after the exam, I wouldn't even mind paying for it!
vixky!
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I haven't finished my exams yet, lol. But yeah, I'm anxious to know what I'm going to get. I can see what people mean about not wanting them though, I know my grades are going to let people/myself down so it's not going to be a good day for me.
- skyhigh -
Badges: 14
Report 11 years ago
YES!!! I want to now what results I got so I can get over it asap.

I wish they would hand us the marking scheme of the exam we took after each exam so we can have a rough idea of what we are going get :p: Anyone else?
casablanca
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by - skyhigh -)
YES!!! I want to now what results I got so I can get over it asap.

I wish they would hand us the marking scheme of the exam we took after each exam so we can have a rough idea of what we are going get :p: Anyone else?
oh no i dnt like da markin scheme. i jus want my grade dats it. i dnt want to calculate it myself. dis is da most worried ive been in my life. hmmmmmm.:rolleyes:
choclateeclaire
Report 11 years ago
I am so nervous about going in to get the results. Does anyone know if you can get the results online? Therefore if they are bad, not needing to go into college whilst everyone else is celebrating
edward_wells90
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Jamin)
I would like to get more time, to look at options, like you said. Good point. But on the other hand, I'd also like to enjoy the summer and try to the delay the worry about results until the results day.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    The Bar Series: Applications and Interviews - London Bloomsbury campus Postgraduate
    Thu, 17 Oct '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (11)
6.18%
They might tell the bully (18)
10.11%
I don't think they'd understand (30)
16.85%
It might lead to more bullying (69)
38.76%
There's nothing they could do (50)
28.09%

Watched Threads