Open Uni Degrees Watch

pinklady22
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hello, I started the degree last academic year but unfortuntly 'failed' as my son got pneumonia and a broken collar bone which led to not submitting one of my assignments, the tutor didn't respond to my late submission requests or emails and therefore didn't complete the course. This year I have enrolled to do the degree again, can anyone confirm if the assignment questions(TMA's) etc will be the same as last year?
JollyCynic
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
The TMAs will not be the same. If students defer a module, they have the option to "bank" their assessment scores, bringing the scores they got the first time around forward to the second attempt at the module. This isn't an option if you received a module result, however.

You'll have to re-do all the assessments with all new questions, though you should notice a striking similarity in many of the questions, as they assess the exact same learning objectives, often using the same logic.

If you run into similar issues in future, remember to involve Student Services if your tutor doesn't respond. And always submit whatever you have, even if it's just a sheet with your name on it, and submit a special circumstances form (with supporting evidence) on time.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (215)
12.34%
Excited (161)
9.24%
Worried (308)
17.68%
Terrified (385)
22.1%
Meh (180)
10.33%
Confused (37)
2.12%